Chapter 4 - Lacey

Start from the beginning

"No can-do Kitten." He says in a low growl. "Why did you hurt Matt. He wasn't doing anything wrong. He was helping me" I reply, wishing this day would end already. "He was touching what's mine. I won you fair and square" Lawson replies, his step not faltering as he enters the math's room. His words have me stilling over his shoulder "What does that even mean Lawson" I ask perplexed. Does he really think that he can own or win me somehow. "It means you are mine kitten" he deadpans. Lawson ignores my struggles to free myself from his grasp and heads straight for his desk at the back of the room. At this point I don't even try hard to free myself as I know it would be in vain, when he has me where he wants me, he has no intention of letting me go. I allow him to maneuver me into his lap, adjusting me so that he can sit comfortably beneath me. It doesn't take long for the room to fill and the rest of the crew to take up the seats beside us. "What the fuck was that all about" Ryder asks from the seat to our left. "Matt was inappropriately touching Lacey" Lawson growls back, hands tightening almost painfully around my waist. I scoff "He helped me off the ground after accidently bumping into me" I growl back. Lawsons body stiffens beneath me at my words. Not that he wasn't stiff before I snicker to myself, he seems to be perpetually hard every time he holds me. I wiggle in his lap, pulling a soft groan from Lawson's lips, the air from his mouth tickling the back of my neck. Good, I hope you are uncomfortable asshole I think with a satisfied smile. "Please let me go Lawson, this is getting ridiculous. You have zero boundaries" I huff. "Let her go Lawson, you are making her uncomfortable" Ryder says, surprisingly sticking up for me. I guess having a stepbrother has its perks. Now that I think of it, Ryder has been quite kind to me since we met over the weekend. He has been making me breakfast each morning, even though I keep telling him I don't eat before lunch he continues to do it. He has also gone out of his way to wait for me each morning so that he can escort me to school. Which is weird as I thought he would hate me and my intrusion on his perfect life automatically. Not going to lie, the thought that he doesn't hate me fills me with more joy than I care to admit.

While Lawson is distracted bickering with Ryder, I take the opportunity to wiggle out of his embrace, grab my backpack and dart to the front of the room. Just my luck though, the only seat available is right at the front beside Matt again. Not that it is such a chore to sit beside a handsome man. As I take my seat, I can feel holes being bored into the back of my head, gritting my teeth I force myself to take a few deep, calming breaths and keep my eyes forward. Is it so presumptuous of me to think that I can just put my head down and finish this year without worrying about being manhandled and distracted every five minutes. Not an unreasonable request in my opinion. I will have a talk to Ryder tonight when we get home, see if he is willing to talk to Lawson on my behalf. My name being called has me pulling myself out of my thoughts to focus on the speaker, Mr Marone. "Lacey" he calls again "Being distracted in my class won't win you any favours. See you after class". A few snickers and hushed whispers do the rounds of the room, no doubt being lost in thought and not hearing what the teacher said to me is hilarious. I mumble a hasty apology which seems to placate Mr Marone as he runs his beady eyes over me, licking his lips. Behind me a chair scrapes heavily on the floor, the sound reverberating around the classroom. I dare a peek back and see Saint holding back a very pissed off Lawson. No doubt more caveman bullshit. At this rate the guy was going to give himself a heart attack any minute. It kind of scared me that he was so crazy about anyone touching or talking to me. I didn't even know the guy. Not going to lie though, his brand of crazy with his neon pink hair made my panties wet. Not that I would ever tell him that though. Nope. Never. It was hard to admit to myself that I secretly loved his bullshit.

Mr Marone drones on for another hour and then reminds us we have a quiz to study for tonight before the end of class. By the time the bell goes I am ready to get the hell out of Sant Gabriels, it is Thursday night and I have had just about all I can take of school this week. Grabbing my backpack I head for the door but don't make it far before Mr Marone blocks my path, with a smile on his face that doesn't quite reach his eyes. Mr Marone is a handsome man in his early thirties with dark brown hair, chocolate eyes and cute dimples in his cheeks. If I was into older men, I would be unbuttoning the first few buttons on my uniform like half the girls in this class, all vying for his attention. Something that he seems to give freely. There is just something about the guy that makes me feel uneasy around him, he gives off a vibe similar to my stepfather. A predator. Trying to hide my body's automatic response to shiver in revulsion at the way he leers at my chest I paint a smile on my face and wait patiently for him to speak.