Chapter 28: Free

I had lost all control of my body. I was conscious but my body whipped around without my consent on the cold table I lay on.

"Hurry" Alcide hissed.

"I'm tryyyiinngg" Beth sang anxiously.

"Got it! It says here... oh my. Its as we suspected. She is the link to the entire pack and they are trying to break free"

"okay how do we fix it!"

"let me see....uhhhh...... okay. Both her palms will need to be cut and then this enchantment must be said by the one who broke it?"

"broke it?"

I howled in agony.

"We don't have time for riddles!" Alcide yelled.

"just give me a second to think..." Bree hissed back.

"It was your blood that opened the locket! You are the one who broke it. Quick cut her palms and then read this phrase clearly out loud" Beth said rapidly

I didn't feel the cuts Alcide was making. I just knew I burned and ached.

and then

slowly. like someone had made a crack in a dam, I could feel the pressure began to lift off of me

Alcide POV

I cut into her palms and spoke the phrase in the book loud and as clear as I could while feeling frantic.

I finished speaking and nothing was happening...

"Nothings happening mom!" I pleaded...

Bree stopped moving.

"Bree?"

She shot up into the air and her palms began to glow. Light fell out of her and flew in all directions. The glimmers of light began to turn into balls of light and then one by one each ball stopped flying around and hovered in the air. They began to descned and change shape again. As they lowered to the floor, each "ball" turned into a humanoid form.

Bree's body slowly descended onto the table. She let out a loud gasp and shot up. I imainged her to look frightened but for some reason she looked calm and happy?

Bree's POV

I could feel the pressure released from my body. Whispers of Thanks floated around my brain.

"We love you so much" two voices whispered. And then nothing. I didn't feel them anymore. Any of them. I felt..peace

I opened my eyes and looked around. Alcide was curiously looking at me and behind him in a circle around us stood glowing forms that resembled people. I looked at the two who were not in the circle but stood closer behind Alcide. My heart ached and the pit in my stomach grew.

"Mom? Dad?"

Alcide shot his head around and when he noticed the two forms behind him he turned his body to let them pass.

I got off the table and walked to them. I stood in front of them. I traced my fingers on their faces but I couldn't feel anything.

"Oh my sweet Flora. I wish I could hug you. Ugh. Look at you. All grown up" the woman said.

"I can't believe this is happening. Is this real?" I looked to Alcide who looked as shocked as I did which meant I wasn't dreaming.

"Its real dear. We're here" the woman said.

"We've always been here" the man said with a smile.

Tears began to fill my eyes and blur my vision. I quickly wipped them away because I didn't want to miss anything.

"What happens now?" I quivered.

"Now, our souls may finally journey to the afterlife" she smiled

"Will I ever see you again"

"In all good time my Flora"

"Flora? what's that?"

"That's your name hon" she said concerned.

"I didn't know I had a name. I didn't know about anything" I began to cry.

I knew she wanted to comfort me so bad.

Michael entered the library followed by what looked like the entire pack. Michael looked stunned like he was seeing a ghost. I tried so hard to stop crying. Everyone stopped in their tracks and took a knee. Even Michael.

"Please rise. You are now the leading pack there is no need for formalities" the man spoke.

Whispered could be faintly heard throughout the room.

"King Nicholas, Queen Caroline...I can't - can't believe..." Michael was at a loss for words.

Caroline gave him a warm smile.

Nicholas stepped towards the crowd.

"I know many of you have alot of questions, but I just want to thank each one of you. For coming to the aid of our daughter. It is heart warming to see the packs still standing. I thank all of you for helping bring peace to me and the entire Blue Moon pack." He said.

Whispered began to be louder now.

"I have watched over my daughter known as Bree. She has overcome so many hardships in this life. I would like to thank Amelia for always being with her and keeping her safe. Even though she was cursed to not phase and for the longest time didn't have a voice, thank you Alcide for showing her that she belongs despite her status. Let it be known though, her name is Flora Isabella Viotto, Princess and heir to the Blue Moon pack, the true leader of the pack. It brings me such joy to know you, my dear, will take your place beside Alcide as the rightful Luna Queen"

He lowered his head and bowed to me. The rest of the people followed his gesture. Michael, Beth, Amelia, Luke...I look to Alcide...who also is bowed to me.

Alcide looks up at me he gives me that smirk that he always gives, "My Queen" he whispers.

I was overwhelmed with feelings. I hadn't even really thought about being the Luna Queen. I just learned how to phase...and my parents...Me. I was-I am the leader of the pack.

"May peace reign through out the land and let out leading pack be a beacon of hope and respect" Caroline states out loud.

They both turned their attention to me.

"I know you feel overwhelmed, but you do belong here. You have power coursing through your blood. You may not feel like it this instant, but I promise you will" she whispers to me. "You're so strong, and we will always be with you" she touches my chest where my heart is.

I began to tear up again.

"Your souls are free" I cried whispered.

Each member bowed their head as they dissipated like air. It was surreal. And just like that, they were gone. I had seen my parents for like 5 minutes and now they're gone again.

Alcide pulled me into his chest and I let out my sobs.