Chapter 23: Memories

I had been a little on edge since the conversation in the library, but Alcide was trying his best to help make the best of a bad situation.

Since the explosion, I have been more drawn to him in a way I can't explain. It was a greater pull then I have ever felt.  

Alcide and Amelia both convinced me I should try to phase again seeming something so weird happened no one can explain maybe I could phase. 

We all walked to the the opening out back of the mansion. We had been laughing and cutting up all morning. Me especially since I could actually be apart of the conversation. 

"Hey guys wait up!" a male voice called after us. 

We turned to greet him. 

"Hey whats up man" he said. 

"Oh nothing much" Alcide said looking at me. 

The other guy turned his attention to me to. 

"Bree this is Ralf, he's one of my lower ranks but is slowly fighting his way to the top" Alcide said while playfully punching Ralf in the arm. 

"Yeah Luke better watch it or another Beta gonna scoop in" Ralf joked.

"Hey now" Luke said joking putting up two fists. 

They three laughed together. 

"We were gonna watch Bree phase" Amelia piped in. 

"Oh" Ralf said looking disappointed. "I thought uhh.. you know the rumors about how the future Luna couldn't phase" he whispered 

I immediately felt embarrassed. How many people knew about this. Alcide put his arm around me. 

"Well we figured uhh since Bree here now can speak what else can she do" Alcide said. 

"Oh forreal, you can speak now" Ralf looked shocked. 

"Yes I can" I said happily. 

Something about Ralf I didn't like but I couldn't put my finger on it

"So you think she can phase now" Ralf asked Alcide. 

"You know I can speak for myself" I butted in. "And Were about to find out" I tried to sound confident. 

"Do you think this is a good idea, I mean..." Ralf began to say

"Is there a problem?" I asked

"Nah, I'm just saying like what if its dangerous?" he asked. 

"Why would it be dangerous? You guys phase like everyday and are just fine" I was getting irritated. 

"No. I know Luna I was just...wanting to look out for you is all. Gotta protect our Luna and all Right?"  he said defensively. 

"I think she will be fine" Alcide said smiling at me. 

"Alright remember what I said" Alcide coached, "Breathe. Listen. Feel"

Breathe. Listen.  Feel

Breathe.      Listen.         Feel 

I could hear a distant howl. I could feel my pulse began to quicken. I could hear a faint humming in the back of my head. I clung to that humming and these feelings.  I felt a jolt of lighting run though my body. 

I opened my eyes. Everyone was starring at me. Everything looked different, more detailed. I could smell everything around me.  I looked down to see a paw.