Chapter 11: Unveiled

Alcide POV

I sat there running through everything I knew about wolves. I couldn't understand why she hasn't shifted or even been forced to shift at least once. I was in deep thought when I could hear banging coming from the bathroom.

I rushed in to find Bree slumped over in the shower and was gasping for air. I picked her and took her to the bed. I didn't know what was happening and I didn't know how to help. I tried the best way I could. I just kept starring into her eyes and told her to breathe.

She was finally catching her breath and in turn I could finally let mine go. She took some more deep breathes. She began to look nervous and he face was flustered. It dawned on me that she was in plain view for me to see. The first time I've actually seen her body. I would have maybe admired it and caught myself, but something else caught my attention. I could see raised skin, scars all over her torso, on her legs, there was a scar below her collar bone. What the fuck is all this. I rolled her over to see multiple scars along her back and rear. I could feel my blood boil and I could feel myself getting angrier. I didn't mean for it to come out as mean as it did but it did.

"What are all these scars and bruises from" I ended up saying meanly. She looked panicked but didn't move a muscle. This infuriated me.

"Answer me" I yelled.

I didn't mean to yell at her. I was just so mad that these wounds are on my mates body. Someone hurt her. For a very long time.

She pulled the covers to cover her body and I could see the misty eyes. I felt bad but I felt more mad then anything and I couldn't take it anymore. I was going to phase and I didn't want her to see, so I ran out the door and headed straight for the woods.

I had ran for hours. I was finally calmed down, but I was still pissed. I needed answers and I needed them now and I needed them fast. I rushed towards Luke's room and banged on it. Luke opened the door.

"Hey man whats-"

I pushed pasted him. "I need to talk to Amelia, NOW" I said.

I turned to the bed which Amelia was already jumping out of.

"Is Bree okay?" she asked.

"I need to know everything and I need to know right now. I need to know where you two came from, how long you had been there, who was all involved, why she can't phase, and what the fuck all the scars on her body were" I huffed.

"You may want to sit down" Amelia said.

"You may want this just in case" Luke said handing me a pillow and he walked to sit beside where Amelia sat.

"Bree doesn't know much about where she came from. They say she was found by Rais. He took her in and made her Servant number Four. I didn't get there until I don't know maybe when I was sixteen/ seventeen, I can't even remember. So, I don't know whole lot about before I got there but on the first night I was there...I was in my room beside Bree's and I could hear..." She quivered... "I could hear the grunting of that disgusting pig and what he was doing to her. I felt so bad for her. After he left, I went to console her and I haven't left her side since"

I could feel myself getting pissed and gripping the pillow.

"He was a sick man who liked to rape and beat on the one girl who didn't have a voice. She would wake up with new bruises and scars every day and during the day if anything accidental happened it was a beating all over. I have some scars as well but mine mostly healed. Its probably because I've shifted. Bree has never shifted not once. She was never allowed outside. She wasn't allowed to do anything. She was basically born and raised in captivity. That's why she doesn't understand many things about the outside world. She's lived her entire life locked up. Why she hasn't phased not even once, I have no idea. My guess all the trauma she probably faced before she was 16. As far as I know, Rais is the only one who touched Bree. He called her his perfect angel because she was his virgin and couldn't scream for help. She's had a fucked up life. Like I said, I don't know much about before I got there, but I assume it was just as bad. Which is probably why she has so much pent up anxiety and is scared of every man, not to mention he panic attacks."

Panic attacks...that's probably what she was having in the shower.

I was still mad but I was also upset. Bree can't be who she is because of this man. This man who calls himself Alpha under my packs. I will kill that man if its the last thing I do.

I wasn't mad at Bree. How could I be. It wasn't her fault. I may have acted in a way that scared her more. I don't want her to fear me. I want her to feel safe in my presence. I knew I had to apologize to her and try to make her understand that she will never have to live through that again.