Chapter 15: Strange

"Good morning beautiful" Alcide whispered as I opened my eyes and he was kneeled on the floor brushing through my hair.

Alcide really started to grow on me. The more time I'm around him, the more I miss him when he's gone to meetings and stuff.

"If its okay with you, were eating breakfast with my parents this morning" he said.

His parents...though I am pretty sure his father doesn't like me. His mother seemed nice. I didn't actively avoid them or anything. I mean we lived in the same mansion, but chatting was always brief. We would exchange pleasantries and then be on our way. Now I have to sit down and actually socialize with the former King and Queen...

I grabbed my speech device and typed. "I don't have anything nice to wear"

"Wear whatever you want?" "I'll meet you in the dining hall in 15 minutes"

I simply nodded.

What was I suppose to talk about with them...

"So, Bree are you finding everything to your liking?" the Former Queen asked.

"What do you mean Queen Beth" My device asked.

"No need for formalities dear, just call me Beth since you'll be joining our family-" she gave a warm smile. I could hear King Michael huff under his breath. "I mean is the house equipped with everything you'll need, are the rooms to your standards?" she asked nicely.

Equipped? This mansion has more than enough. To my standards? I don't even think I have standards? It was nice I was even in such an amazing place.

"Yes, thank you" I replied.

"Bree, I've been meaning to ask just curious, but do you know why you are unable to speak"

"Mom seriously?" Alcide cut in.

"I was just wondering if she was born like that or was there an accident" she asked.

Alcide gave me the I'm sorry eyes.

"I'm not sure ma'am. I do not remember much of my child hood but I have been unable to speak for as long as I can remember so maybe I was born like this." I replied.

"I see, I'm so sorry. And word has it from the Valley pack. Were you born there as well?" she asks

"I don't know where I was born. I just know the Valley Pack found me and took me in" my device stated.

"and your parents"

I shrugged

"I am truly sorry you don't know more about them or your childhood but doesn't mean your future can't be bright" she smiled.

I'm unsure of how much she knew of my past but word spreads fast around here so there is no telling.

The former King had been minding his business for most of the breakfast. I don't think he wanted to be here. I could see from the corner of my eye Beth motioning to me to him.

He cleared his throat and sat up a little taller in his seat.

"So Bree, uhh whats that pendent you got there it is very peculiar?" he asked trying to sound like he actually cared.

"oh, its just my necklace. I've had it since I could remember and I don't think I've ever taken it off." I replied.

"There looks to be engravings on it, do you know what they say?" he asks.

I shook my head no.

"Well maybe I can read them" Beth says kindly as she stands and walks over to me.

"Mother actually knows many languages from her studies." Alcide boasts.

I smile at her.

"Hmmm, well I have seen these markings before but I can't make out what it says. It may need to be cleaned to get a better read--" She goes to pick up the necklace to get a better look and then sparks flew as soon as she touched it. The former King shot up from his chair.

I looked at her in shock.

"I'm alright everyone" she says as she waves her hand at the King.

"Very strange in deed..."

She again reaches towards the necklace and barely touches it and again it zaps her.

I look to Alcide for anything to tell me what is going on and he looks as confused as I do.

"And you say you've never taken this off" she asks standing back but still studying the necklace

I shook my head no.

"Well, I've never seen anything be able to do that" she looked completely baffled.

"I'm very curious. If you wouldn't mind, may I take some pictures of it so I may see if I can't find anything in the Library on it" she questioned.

I shook my head no and gave her a smile.

After breakfast Alcide and I sat on the couch and talked about breakfast.

"Your dad doesn't like me much does he?" I typed.

"No its not that. He just always assumed mate would be...in the Blood Moon pack and someone he already knew"

Amelia and Luke entered the room.

"Sup guys" Luke said as he swung himself on the couch. Amelia sat next to me. "What are you two whispering about" she giggled.

"Oh nothing much" Alcide said.

"Amelia can you try and touch my necklace. Caution it may shock you."

I was curious about my necklace too. Why did it shock her. Would it shock other people?

"What do you mean it will shock me? Does it hurt?" She asks.

I shrugged.

"Here babe I'll do it so you don't hurt yourself" Luke said sliding down the couch and leaning of Amelia.

He slowly reached for the necklace and again was zapped.

"Did it hurt?" Amelia asks.

"I mean a little but that's all" he replied.

Amelia reached for the necklace and barely touched it and again sparks flew.

She pulled her finger away so quick.

"What is that? What did you do to your necklace? she asks.

"I didn't do anything" I typed.

"Alcide you try" Luke blurted.

Alcide looked at me and then reached for the necklace. He barely touched it and yanked his hand back but there were no sparks. He reached for it again and then held his finger on it.

"Let me try again" Luke said. He again reached over Amelia and touched the necklace and again was shocked.

"Maybe it's because he's your mate?" Amelia questioned.

"I mean maybe" I answered.

"But where did it come from and how does it work" she puzzled.

"I don't know but my mom said she was going to look into it and see if she can find anything." Alcide said.

We spent the rest of the day talking and watching movie. I had began to let Alcide hold my hand during the movies. He was so good to me and I think I was really starting to fall for him.

Thank You for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed! It means so much to me that people are enjoying my work! Have a great day!