Chapter 18: The Explosion

I woke up to arms wrapping around my body. I could tell it was him by his warmth and his scent. I snuggled into his body.

"Having a good nap" he kissed my shoulder.
I nodded and turned to him.
How did I get so fucking lucky.

"How would you feel about going into town. Just shop around maybe get you some more underwear since all yours is in the wash" he asked

I snuggled into him more, pulled away, and looked at him. He was giving me that sweet smile. How could I say no.

I nodded yes.

We had been shopping for hours. I was actually having a little more fun this time. We tried on sunglasses together, took silly pictures in this picture box, bought some cute dresses and other things I saw and just thought was the cutest ever. He didn't seem to mind either. I truly believe he was happy just seeing me smile.

He said he was gonna run into this bookstore and I didn't have to come if I didn't want to. He then handed me his credit card and pointed at another store I could shop at.

This store was really womanly. I found more clean underwear and some cute shirts and pants and then I came across another section. 'Lingerie' it read. I looked over all the items. There was so many different pieces. Lace, leather, see through, cut out, silk, and fur.

I wonder if Alcide would like any of this.

I began picking up pieces and studying them. They were all very revealing but were all very pretty.
I finally saw this piece that stuck out to me. Granted I would probably need to drink a tall glass of courage to wear this but I am going to get it.

I was had just finished checking out as Alcide came into the store.

"Hey babe find everything okay?" He looked pleased with the three bags I was being handed.
I smiled and nodded.
He took the bags out of my hand with one and grabbed my hand with the other. I couldn't help but smile. I'm sure I haven't stopped smiling all day. My cheeks actually hurt I was smiling so much. Alcide spoiled me so much not just with stuff but the amount of attention he pays to me. Noticing any change in my demeanor and picking up on my social cues. We were walking back to the vehicle hand in hand. We reached the vehicle--

*EXPLOSION!!*

Alcide POV

My ears were ringing and my head was spinning. Everything was blurring and taking to long to come into focus.
"Bree...BREE!!" I yelled out.
I felt around me and I couldn't feel her.

I squeezed my eyes shut. Open them. Blinked a few times and repeated. My vision was finally coming back and the ringing in my ear died down.

I looked around. Our vehicle was in flames. There was glass shards and pieces of the vehicle everywhere. I could see Bree laying a few feet away from me she wasn't moving.

I quickly got to my feet and rushed to her.

Shit shit shit. She's not healing. Fuck probably because she hasn't shifted yet. I'll be fine I'll heal. She won't!! Fuck

"Bree.. baby can you hear me"

My head was still hurting.

"Bree come on"

I put my ear to her chest. I could hear her heart beat but it was faint.

I quickly whipped out my phone and dialed Luke.

"Hey man what's up"

"Shut up and listen to me. Code red. There was an explosion. I'm fine but Bree isn't moving. We're on the corner of Richmond and Ifala. Bring priorities only. Get the hospital alerted and prepped and lock everything down. No one in and out but us got it" I spoke quickly. I didn't give him time to respond I hung up and went back to Bree.

I leaned over her to examine her. I noticed drops of blood on her.
Fuck I'm bleeding

I watched a drop of blood fall and land on her pendant.

The pendant began to glow. It grew brighter and brighter and then it cracked open. I saw a glowing stream of light exit the pendent and hover in the air. It moved fluid like. It glowed brighter and began to surround her neck. It grew even brighter as I watched it with my own eyes absorb into her throat... and then vanish

What the fuck