Chapter 3: You're my best friend

I sat on the edge of my bed and twiddled with my necklace. It was an odd necklace it was spherical and looked like a seal enclosed it but it would never open as much as I tried so I assumed it was made to look like that. I have had it ever since I could remember. Luna said I arrived with it and I have never taken it off. It was like a piece of me.

"I'm so sorry Bree" Amelia said softly. "I didn't know what else to do he was going to kill everyone and have you take the fall and endure god know what's from the royals" she sighed.

"He's right you know" she huffed. I looked at her puzzled. "The royals have never been here...helped us... these people Alp- I mean Rais is going to kill... these people have raised us., have nourished us, have helped us. These are our people. I would rather save them then save some people we don't know" she said.

I took a deep breath. Amelia got up to leave and I grabbed her hand and shook my head. I pointed to the bed. She signed and laid down next to me. We cuddled for the longest time before she said anything.

"You're my best friend Bree. I couldn't let you go through with that. We will be okay. We will follow Rais's plan, we will escape and we live the rest of our lives free. We will find our mates and we will live happily ever after" she squeezed me. The warm tears began to pool up in my eyes. I haven't cried in I don't even know how long, but I was so scared. Our life was about to crumble to a million pieces and there was nothing we could do. I tried to hold it in but it was no use. The tears were pouring out of me. I buried my face into my friend and cried. I could hear her sobs as well. We both just lay there in the quiet, holding each other, and the only sounds were of her sobs. We fell asleep crying.

Thank You for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed! It means so much to me that people are enjoying my work! Have a great day!