Chapter 5: Briefing the Alpha King

Unknown POV

I entered the Alpha King's office and stood up straight in command right at the entrance of the door but slightly off to the side. I would give him no reason to lash out at me since he was already yelling at three pack members standing in front of his desk. I would not dare interrupt the Alpha King especially when he was in one of him moods so I waited for the Alpha King to finish his conversation and direct his attention to me.

I tried not to ease drop on the conversation. I just stood there in command starring out the window.

Jesus he's mad...but then again when is he not.

The Alpha King was in a BAD mood since learning about the assassination attempt, but then again when isn't the Alpha King not in a bad mood. He was 21 Years old and still hasn't found his Mate. At first he was patient, but by time he hit 20, when everyone else found their mate by 17/18/19, he had grown tiresome. He grew angry, bitter, and down right didn't care about hardly anyone's feelings aside from his best friend, who happen to be Beta, and his parents. Once while making my rounds, I happen to walk past his quarters and heard him tearing up his room. He was cursing the Goddess of the Moon and asking what he did to not deserve a Mate...After that, he began sleeping with many women around the mansion, a few locals, other women from other packs. He had given up. He would punish anyone for any slight inconvenience to him. His temper seemed to worsen day by day.

The three members turned and scurried past me into the hall. He Stood up from his desk, adjusted his suit and turned towards me. "What is the situation" he blurted out.

"Sir, we have caught the intruders. There are only seems to be two of them. Females. Wolves. We found 6 bombs planted on all the major structures of the building. There is a team down there now getting rid of the bombs. The intruders are imprisoned in the dungeons as of this moment awaiting your command." I stated.

The Alpha King cleared his throat. "Two females...thought they could pull off an attack on the entire Royal family. To go against the crown." he said as he thought. "That is putting a direct hit on my family. I will handle interrogating them and find out who the real mastermind is. I doubt two lowly female are behind the attack. Someone wants to start a war and I am going to get to the bottom of this" he growled. "I will need a non-lethal dose of wolfsbane ready to be dispersed through the ventilation system in the dungeon and a gas mask. I will be ready to interrogate in a few hours. You are dismissed for preparation"

"Yes sir" I said and I heel toed and walked out of the office.

I hope those girls aren't the type so loyal to another they keep their mouth shut. He's been itching for a reason to go off on someone and doesn't care what it takes to get what he wants...

A few hours later, I was standing by the dungeon door awaiting orders.

"Begin running the wolfsbane through the ventilation" he stated without emotion.

"yes sir" As I pulled the lever to release the non-lethal gas into the dungeon.

The gas isn't strong enough to do any damage. It is solely to make the prisoners more weak and less resistant.

I watched as the Alpha put on his gas mask and signal he was going in. I stood guard at the door waiting for the Alpha to come back.

I began to hear screams but they weren't screams of torture. I opened the door to make sure our Alpha King was okay.

"Cut the gas and turn on ventilation" he barked. I quickly did what he asked. I pulled the lever to stop the gas and flipped the switch to allow the main fans in the room to clear the gas.

I am not sure what just happened...but that has never happened.