Chapter 27: The Fight

Am I dead?

I tried to move but I felt nothing. My eyes remain closed and I felt weightless. It was like I was in a dream.

"You're not dead" a faint soft voice said. It wasn't really a voice it was more of an angelic ghostly voice.

Hello?

What is going on. Why am I talking to myself. Am I replying to myself? Why can't I move?

It wasn't dark. It wasn't light. It was pure nothing ness. I see nothing. I hear nothing. I feel nothing. I felt dead.

"No dear. You're not talking to yourself" another voice called out.

Who are you. I was seriously going insane.

"We are the wolf spirits that has been linked to you for some time"

Wolf spirits? Am I dead?!

"No, not dead. Just in a suspended state. Not here nor there"

Am I going to die?

"Well that depends on how much you want to live"

Are you dead?

"Technically our bodies are dead, but our wolf spirit lives on within you"

Why are you in me?

"Have you heard a tiny voice in your head?"

Not until after I got my voice back. That doesn't answer my question

"Our spirits were linked to you Flora"

Flora? Is that my name. Do you know anything about my parents?

"Who do you think watches over you dear"

Mom? I don't understand what's going on

"Yes dear"

Mom where are you. What's going on

"When we die, our wolves ascend. However, many of us are trapped with you."

Trapped? Why can't you leave

"Only the one who holds us can release us"

So, I can release you

"Yes, but not now dear. You still need us"

Need us. Need for what. Who's Us

"The pack" many voices said in unison

I'm scared

"Don't be scared. We are here to guide you and to help you and once this is all over we can be free"

I don't understand!!

"You were merely a holding cell for the power of all of us. We've always been with you. Placed here when that witch slaughtered all of us. But you must live or we will all be absorbed into someone else who's wishes are ill intended."

What do I do?

"You will know when are ready. We ALL will help you, heal you and guide you. When the time is right, use our strength. Now wake up"

"Wake up" all the voices echoed.

I moved my eyes back and forth. I could see black and hear faint movement. I slowly opened my eyes. I was in a semi lit room of candles.

I sat up expecting to be in pain. I lifted my dried bloody shirt. There was no wounds. I ran my hand over the area. Nothing but regular skin.

I got off the table and stood there. I could hear commotion coming from above me.