Chapter 9: Anxious Content

We didn't have to wait long to be summoned. We stood in front of the Former King and Queen with two huge guards beside us and many other members of the pack standing on the side lines. Alcide was standing before his parents.

"You mean to tell me you want to forgive what these girls for what they have done. I understand the circumstances, but it was still treason Alcide" the former King replied.

"I am aware Father, but they had no choice. So, I will do what I think is best."

"And I am beginning to think I should not have given up the throne to you yet, guards take them back to the dungeon" He ordered. The guard grabbed me by my arm but before he could even move me.

"MINE!" Alcide Roared as he pushed the guard away from me and pulled me behind him.

"I AM THE ALPHA KING! NOT YOU ANYMORE! THIS IS MY MATE AND SHE WAS WRONGED BY THE REAL THREAT AND I WILL NOT HAVE ANYONE LAY ANOTHER FINGER ON HER. IF SO, THEY WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME!!!" Alcide yelled so angrily and firm. Everyone had backed away from us now and had kneeled down in submission. The former King even looked uncomfortable.

"I will get to the bottom of this threat, but to treat my Mate like this, to treat me like this is act of treason in itself, so unless you want to end up there I suggest you all understand what I am saying" He announced to the room. It was quiet for a few moments.

The previous queen stood up, "I believe you son, and if you trust her, we have no reason to doubt your judgement" she said softly.

A low growl from the previous king would be faintly heard but quickly disappeared when She side eyed him.

"Good. My Mate is to be given the best of treatment, anything she asks for you give it to her" he said while looking about the room.

I tugged on his shirt and pointed to Amelia who was still knelt down with a guard still holding onto her arm.

"This girl is also in the protection of me. She is to be treated with the same respect. Does everyone understand"

Amelia looked up in shock and looked to me. She mouthed Thank You and I just nodded by head to her.

"Yes, Alpha King" everyone said in unison.

"Everyone's dismissed" He commanded.

Everyone started to disperse out of the room. Alcide turned to me.

"Are you okay?" he said gently as he attempted to put my hair behind my ears but I flinched so he didn't continue.

I nodded. Amelia had been released by the guard and she came and stood beside me.

"Thank you Alpha King" she said as she bowed.

Alcide smiled. "I understand you mean a great importance to Bree, so therefore you mean importance to me."

Amelia smiled and put her arm around me and then she stiffened. I heard footsteps approach us from behind and then arms wrapped around Amelia, but she didn't scream or protest it.

"I guess I didn't need to ask around." Alcide joked.

Amelia had turned and faced the man and they were starring at each other.

"I knew I wasn't going crazy when I picked up your scent" the man said softly.

"I'm Luke" he smiled.

"I'm Amelia" she said.

"Luke is my best friend, my second in command, my Beta" Alcide said smiling.