Chapter 16: Do You Trust Me

It was a good day. I have had so many good days in a row I was starting to think I was living in a dream, but dream world would at least let me phase.

I stepped out of the shower, dried off and walked into the closet. Uhh..I don't have any clean underwear... How could I be out of underwear. Maybe Alcide has something I could use.

I opened the bathroom door about half way. Alcide was sitting on the bed.

I walked out of the bathroom and towards him. He must have been really intrigued with his phone because he didn't even look up. I stopped a few feet away from the bed and poked his leg and then he finally looked up and gave me this mischievous smile. I mouthed I. don't. have. any. clean. underwear. He has gotten better at lip reading after spending so much time together.

"Oh. I'm sorry I'll tell the maid tomorrow you will need your clothes washed. Do you want to borrow a pair of my boxers for the mean time?"

I signed Thank You. He has also been picking up on the common signs I use.

He sat up in the bed and stood up. I don't understand how the space between us got so small but it did. He stood in front of me, looking down at me.

He brushed the wet hair off my shoulder and onto my back. His touch was always so soft and warm and inviting. I have found myself at times thinking about him in ways I have not ever thought of anyone. This feeling I got in the pit of my stomach made me feel sick but not like a bad sick it was like my stomach was dropping.

He traced his finger from my shoulder down my arm. I looked up at him...I should not have looked up at him... He was already looking down at me and when I looked up he locked eyes with me immediately and my stomach did a flip. I could not look away. I felt tingly all over. He brushed my hair behind my ear and rested the palm of his hand on my chin. It took everything I had to remain calm.

He leaned down...and his lips met mine. I felt weak to my knees. He parted his lips ever so slightly and I mimicked his motion. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him. His tongue traced my bottom lip and kissed me harder. I melted into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer. He was holding me so tight yet so gentle. I could feel almost his entire body including the bulge that pressed against me. A low growl formed in his throat. God he is so sexy I let myself be engulfed in him...

until he shifted his weight. The only thing that was holding my towel up was our closeness.

I ripped away from his lips and quickly picked up the towel and held it against my front side.

I could tell my face was burning red.

"I'll just..get those boxers for you"

He walked to his dresser, pulled out a pair of boxers, walked back to me, and held out his hand.

I felt bad. I don't know why I pulled away. It was instinct.

I grabbed the boxers from his hand and walked backwards to the bathroom. Not that it mattered. He didn't look up once.

By time I changed clothes, he was already in the day bed facing the wall when I crawled into bed.

I felt bad. I wanted him but I didn't want him at the same time. This is confusing!!!

I lay there restless. I kept thinking about his lips on mine and the sensations he gave me. I couldn't take it anymore. Maybe I wasn't ready to give myself to him but damn if I didn't want to kiss his again.

I sat up and looked over towards him. He was still facing the wall.

I reached for my device. "Hey" it spoke.