Chapter 4: Wrong Hall

We were startled by a loud bang. We jumped out of bed to see Rias standing in the door.
"My girls, it's time" he clapped his hands together.
"Let's go, we don't have all day" he said.

We followed him out to the shed out back. There was a large man standing in front of the door. Rias nodded at him and the man let us pass. The door closed behind us.
Inside, three men stood waiting.

"Girls, you know Malcom and Javier, this is Dante he is from the Blood Moon pack and will lead you inside the castle" Rais said.

We forced smiled and kept our head down. These men all stood very tall and there essence was demeaning. I knew Malcom was Rias's beta and Javier was next in rank. Dante didn't seem to emit as much presence as the others suggesting he wasn't as equal in the ranks but we all knew who's wolf was strongest in this room. Rais threw some clothes our way.

"Here put these on" he said quickly

At our feet lay a bundle of black. Picking up the clothes and separating them, was a pair of black pants, a black shirt, and black socks.
We looked at each other uneasy about the situation unfolding or maybe it was there was no where private to change.

"Chop chop girl" Rais growled.

We began to quickly change. We changed one article at a time to lessen the exposed skin at a time. We could feel their eyes watching us undress. When I took my pants off, one of the other men let out a lowly growl. Rais growled and Javier lowered his head. Rais then threw some black tennis shoes towards us. We quickly slipped them on and stood awaiting orders.

"Alright everyone gather around" Rias said hastily.

We gathered around the small rectangle table in the room. On the table lay a map with some circles on it. "We are somewhere around here" and hovers his hand completely off the map. "This map is mostly of the Royal ground. I will have Malcom drop you off here. You both will make your way here" and points to the circle in the squiggle lines I assume were trees. "Dante will meet you here and lead you to the basement here. You are to place the changes on the biggest pillars in the basement. You are to set the timer for 5 minutes. You are to quickly and quietly make your way back to the tree line and meet here. Javier will be waiting in a car to pick you up and bring you back" he finally stops talking. "Any questions" he asked.

Though I had a million questions, I shook my head no. Amelia did the same.

"Four.. Seven if you pull this off. You will practically be free" He grinned

I gulped knowing that even if he meant that, there would always be a catch but I didn't have a choice to protest. Rais stood up straight and grabbed a duffle bag and handed it to Amelia. "Don't disappoint me girls" He said angrily. I cowered in place. I normally had the strength to fight his Alpha voice but I was too scared.

"Alpha, we need to be going" Dante spoke up. Rais nodded.

I never really knew what time it was. But outside...riding in the car. It was bright and beautiful. It had been so long since I seen outside. It was the first time EVER I was outside the Valley Pack property. Everything was green and blue. I was in complete awe. We were riding for what seemed like forever but then again I had no concept of riding time.

We stopped beside a lush forest. "We're here" Malcom said sternly. "Remember what Alpha said and you may get out of this alive. Javier will be here at 2 AM to pick you up. Don't be late" He growled. We both nodded in agreeance.

We stepped outside the car, closed the door, and he sped off.
The air felt amazing on my skin. Being outside the grasp of the Valley Pack I felt a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Like there were no strings attached to my extremities. I took a deep breath of the fresh air and closed my eyes. I was taking it all in. And then I felt a poke.
I opened my eyes and Amelia was looking at me. Not in any particular way. She nudged her head backwards pointing to the woods behind her. I let out a silent sign and nodded.