Chapter 24: The Betrayl

I didn't understand why we were being so stealthy. We had snuck out at 3 AM. It was only five of us Alcide, Me, Amelia, Luke, and Ralf. Alcide said the less that people know the better and only wanted people he could absolutely trust. Alcide insisted that only the seven of us know what were doing and made everyone swear not to say a word to anyone. Besides me, Alcide, Michael and Beth knowing. Luke was a given to go with us because he was the Beta and had been there from the start, and I wasn't going anywhere with Amelia. Ralf had been stuck to us like glue since I met him and out of all the pack members he felt like he could trust Ralf with all this probably because he wanted another pack member with us and presumed given Ralf's age he was die hard loyal and could be trained the way he wanted.

We got into the vehicle and had been driving for awhile. I just sat there starring out the window as the dark silhouettes of trees passed by.  After I saw that vision or memory or whatever, King Michael, Beth and Alcide met quickly and privately. Alcide has been very secretive lately. He says he doesn't want to speculate before knowing all the information, but I just feel like he's thinking worse case scenarios about god knows what. Alcide  came back to me after a brief meeting the next day after my vision and said we were going to take a trip because they needed to know more information. I felt a little uneasy learning so much new information so quickly, but I also was dying to know more. What it all meant. How was it all connected. and here we are driving in the middle of the night. I don't really know what they expect me to find there, but it was worth a try. 

I was nervous to see the ruins of this pack. I mean I basically saw everything go down in front of my eyes, I didn't know how I would react to seeing it in person.  I hadn't stopped thinking about the two people from my vision laying there dead. It clouded my thoughts and even though I had never met them. I could feel them. I couldn't understand what was happening or what it all meant but the chance to find out about my parents and about where I came from...  

We pulled into a long winding drive way. It was pitch black. We finally stopped and got of the vehicle. Alcide left the lights on. 

Alcide handed us each a flash light. "Remember if you see anything mind link to the others and let them know" 

We each went our separate ways. 

We walked on over grown rubble and looked at decaying pillars that were still standing. There wasn't much left of this place. I saw a flicker of light out of the corner of my eye. 

"Pst" I whispered and nodded my head the way the light had come. 

We stood in a huge square of concrete and wood. I walked around the square and then I saw the faint marking of the symbol. I knelt down and brushed it off. 

"Did you find something?" Alcide knelt beside me. 

"I'm not sure." 

"Do you feel anything?" 

"Its hard to explain. I feel peace yet tragedy." I looked around the square again. 

I could hear faint laughs. 

"Do you hear that" I whispered

"I don't hear anything."

I walked closer to where the sound was coming from. I put my hand on the standing concrete pillar and vision began to cross my eyes. I could see people chatting and walking by. I could see the two people I saw in my earlier vision together. I was looking up at them. 

"Alcide" I whispered smiling at the visions.

I didn't get a response. 

I blinked a couple of times and removed my hand from the pillar and looked around.