Chapter 19: The Aftermath

Alcide POV
It had been two weeks since the explosion. We were able to haul ass back to base and get Bree into a room. They were able to stabilize her but she still wouldn't wake up.

I sat in the library with my mother, father, Amelia and Luke. My mother needed my father in this now as there was an attack on me and she needed his expertise. Amelia was concerned with her friend and wouldn't take no for an answer. I even used my Aloha voice on her and even though she cowered she didn't back down. I gotta give it to her she is fucking loyal. Luke is my second in command and let's be honest he wanted to be anywhere Amelia was.

"Okay go through it again what happened" my mother asks.
"I've already told you everything" I hissed.

"I'm more then aware but we need to see if we missed anything" she pleaded.

"There was an explosion. I woke up. Bree wasn't moving. I called luke. I was checking her wounds. I was bleeding. A drop of blood landed on the pendant and it began to glow and then it opened and this glowing like substance came out and got brighter it went to her neck. It flowed brighter and disappeared into her throat. The end"
I was tired of running through the same scene. I was anxious. My mate lay there and I couldn't do anything about it. I stared at the pendant laying in the middle of the table. The doctors were able to take it off her with our getting shocked.

We each tested touching it and no one got shocked anymore.

"Ok the pendant opened a glowing light exited and absorbed into Bree then said necklace that has shocked everyone but you is now not shocking anyone any your blood dropped on it and it opened" my mother repeated the break down of everything I literally just said.

She began flipping through the stack of books she had in front of her including the one I had stole from
The book store that was under lock and key.

"So according to this, the language is what we thought it's the dead language of the witches."

We were able to clean the pendant up since it wasn't attached to Bree anymore and mom got started on translations.

"So it says death isn't the end for power, power flows to flower? When flower dies power flows to beholder??"

"Ok so we need to find this flower" Amelia questions.

"Maybe but that doesn't explain why Bree has it and what it has to do with her."

"We'll power, maybe her wolf, you know she's never shifted so" Amelia puzzled

"Yeah but that doesn't explain when the flower dies it goes to the beholder. What is it saying Bree has to die to be able to get her wolf?" I exclaimed.

I was beyond frustrated.

"I'm done with this I'm going to check on Bree" I said as I stood up.

"I'll come too" Amelia said.

We walked quietly to the hospital.

"You know we're just trying to help" she said cautiously.

"I know I just feel so .. so defenseless like I can't do anything but sit there and watch her lay there"

"Heh she's gonna be okay. She's been through worse. She's a fighter. She's gonna pull through this" she said

We had been sitting with her again for hours. Pack doctors came and went checking her vitals and then continuing with other work.
I just starred at her.

Her hand flinched. I jumped out of my seat and stood over her. I could see her eyes move back and forth behind her eye lid.

"Bree" I whispered.
Amelia looked up from her magazine.

Bree gasped and bolted open her eyes. They were glowing...

Thank You for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed! It means so much to me that people are enjoying my work! Have a great day!