Thirty - Four | Aviva

- Aviva Jones -

I wake up with Cameron's arm draped around my torso caging me in. I don't think I'll ever get tired of this feeling. He sleeps peacefully with his mouth slightly open and his hair covering his eyes. Looks like someone is going to need another haircut soon.

Carefully, I try and move his arm but to no avail. He ends up stirring and giving me a tired smile, "trying to escape are you?" He whispers.

I try to hide my smile, sucking my bottom lip into my mouth while shaking my head, "not at all. I just have to meet up with Joyce so I've got to get ready."
Technically that is true...

He groans and presses a kiss to my lips before releasing me, "ok, but you'd better be home soon. I was planning on making cupcakes today."

Home.

"Don't worry, I'll be there. After the cupcakes we can go to the park and have a picnic." I reply, kissing his bare chest before getting up to get ready. So the plan is, to get a tattoo. I've already figured out what I want to get and where I want to get it, all I need is Joyce there for moral support.

I wear one of his sweaters despite it being warm, because the tattoo is supposed to be a surprise. It's not his name or anything, but it still will be quite precious to him. If all goes well.

After getting changed I walk out of the bathroom back into our room to grab my phone. Cameron sees me walk past, shields his eyes and whistles lowly, "Damn, you look gorgeous. But aren't you going to feel a bit hot in my sweater?" He asks, sitting up to get a good look at me.

"Our sweater, love. And I'll be back before then, think of it as running a little errand." I reply, I kiss his cheek and leave through the front door.

I'm scared.

***
"Ok so what was the design you had in mind?" The tattoo artist asks.

I pull out my phone and show her the picture of what I want, only on my wrist. She nods and takes a pen and paper drawing it.

"Are you ready Avi? This is a big commitment." Joyce says from beside me.

"Yeah, im ready, just scared of how much it's going to hurt, is all." I reply with a strained smile.

Truth is, I'm petrified. And it doesn't help that I'm not great with needles, or continuous buzzing noises. She finishes drawing and shows me the final design.

It's perfect.

I nod in approval and she tells me to relax and sit down as she prepares my wrist.

"Alright we're starting now."

***

"To be honest, it wasn't that bad in hindsight." I say.

Joyce wipes a tear from her eye, "please, you were literally in tears. Maybe we saw two different things, should we watch the video again?" She taunts, dangling her phone in my face.

I grab her phone and tuck it into my bag. She laughs and apologises profusely until I give her phone back. "So what's the plan for today?" She asks.

"We're going to get our nails done, cause I've got a date later today. You are getting your nails done because I feel like spoiling my best friend today." I reply with a smirk.

She claps and pushes the nail salon door for us both to enter. "Ok, what nails should we do?"

"Stella got her nails done three days ago so we should match the design with different colours." I suggest, showing her Stella's nails.