Twenty Nine | Dressed To Impress

- Aviva Jones -

I unlock the Cameron's front door and Toulouse immediately greets me running to my legs. I pick him up and pet his head as a hello and put him down again.

"Cam! I'm here now!" I holler through the hallway. Marcel's head pops out of the bathroom and he gives me a hug.

"We can all hear you, no need to yell." He says jokingly.

"Long time, no see. How have you been?" I ask. Marcel told me that he was going back home because a family member of his passed away. I can only imagine what that feels like, so I texted him everyday to make sure he was ok, after the movie night.

"I'm good, it was nice going back." He replies with a smile. I notice that he's dressed all fancy too.

"Did you buy the suit?"

He rolls his eyes sarcastically, "that's the perks of having a sporty girlfriend." He smiles again, "No seriously, I thought it would be nice to support her. She doesn't know I'm back though."

I can't resist the urge to coo at their relationship. I spoke to Stella earlier this week and I helped her pick her dress out earlier this week. What she didn't know is that I was speaking to Marcel so that he could match her dress.

"Cam is in there, by the way." He points towards his bedroom door with a smirk.

Marcel already knows about our relationship, so he's not surprised. When he found out, he was quite chill about it and just said it was about time.

I knock on the bedroom door and Cameron says it's ok to come in.

He's almost ready, his slacks are on but he has no shirt on. Good Lord.

"You're a bit late." He teases, giving me a hug and pressing his lips to my head.

"A little fyi, the door is still open." Marcel calls out. Cameron rolls his eyes and kicks it shut.

"Sorry for the delay, there was a bit of traffic." I reply. He nods and takes my dress out of his wardrobe. I grab it by the hanger and walk out of his room to the bathroom.

I got my nails done, the same french tips I decided on before and my wig is ready under my bonnet. I went for a straight look rather than a curled look.

The dress still fits perfectly, I take out my perfume from my bag and spray it all over me. It's a strong perfume, so I'll have to apologise later if it smells like this for a while.

I place my heels on and stare at myself in the mirror. My makeup look is pretty glam, since my dress is quite basic. I brought my Louis Vuitton purse that Levi got me.

Someone knocks on the door and Cameron walks in. If it's even possible, he looks even better than he did when he first tried it on. The suit is hugging his arms but not too tight. He's rolled sleeves up slightly and he's wearing his silver rings. I also notice that he's wearing the necklace I gave him.

"You look gorgeous Aviva."

Something about him saying my name makes my stomach do all sorts of flips. I love the nickname, but the sincerity in his voice when he says my name, gets me.

"Thank you Cameron. You look quite handsome too." I reply. I look to the mirror again and retouch my lipgloss. Cameron's arms find my waist from behind and his chin settles in the crook of my neck.

He stares at me through the mirror with a look I can't describe. Whatever it is, makes me extremely nervous. I place the rings on my fingers and brush off my dress for any lint.