Four | Night Stroll

- Cameron Hayes -

"So Riva, what bring you back to Manteno?" Dad asks, taking a bite of the food.

"I'm visiting the family for a week, then I'll be going back." She replies.

So far, everything has been going smoothly. I don't know whether to interrupt the peaceful environment we're created here.

I hope you already know my answer.

I take a sip of water and I'm about to speak when Mum speaks up, "How are your siblings? I haven't Levi or Aviva in a while."

Pardon?

Almost choking on my water, I put my glass down while my eyes widen. Caleb smirks and sips his water. Everyone turns to me and I laugh it off awkwardly.

"Sorry did you say Aviva? As in Jones?" I ask, slightly spluttering. Caleb next to me takes the opportunity to repeatedly hit my back to stop me from choking. But he's hitting me a bit too hard.

Riva smiles knowingly, "Yeah, that's my little sister. There's three of us: Levi, Riva and Aviva."

No wonder the resemblance was so uncanny. Now I feel stupid. I nod and they continue with their conversations.

When the dinner is over, I get up and leave to my room. I check the time and it's around 8. Not too late right?

I grab my phone and send a text before opening the window and jumping out. A little night stroll never hurt anybody right?

***

- Aviva Jones -

I'm sitting on my bed on the phone with Marcel when I hear taps coming from outside my window. Obviously I ignore it at first but it gets persistent. So I open the window and see Cameron looking up at me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper harshly.

"You don't have to whisper, I'm literally outside. Oh and to answer your question, I was taking a walk. Want to join me?" He asks, still whispering - despite saying there's no need to whisper.

I contemplate my options, my parents are at work, and Riva won't be here for a while. "Just let me grab my shoes." I say and I close the window.

My hair has just been washed and I'm planning to do a braid out, so I wear my bonnet and my high top converses, not forgetting my phone. Opening the window again. I look down.

"Um Cam, how am I supposed to jump and survive?" I ask, slightly sceptical.

"You're tall, you'll survive." He grins. When he sees I'm not amused he lifts his arms, "Jump, and I'll catch you promise." He bats his eyelashes and I roll my eyes.

Nonetheless I count down from 3 and jump. "Please don't die. Please don't die Please don't d-."

"You're not going to die, I've caught you now." He says.

I open my eyes and I'm standing with his arms around my waist. I immediately jump back and he rubs the back of his head.

"Did I say that out loud?" I ask.

He laughs placing his hands in his pockets, "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you're crazy."

I nudge his arm and we walk down the path behind my house. I look up to him slightly and then back at the moon.

"So how come you're going on a night stroll, around here, when you live on the other side of town? Seems like major stalker behaviour to me." I joke. "How did you find out where I live anyways?"