Thirty - One | Confessions

- Aviva Jones -

I walk back into the dorm to find Annie sitting on her bed with an ice pack around her eye. Damn Stella really did get her good.

I put Toulouse down and sit on my side of the bed. "Annie, what was that yesterday?" I ask, getting it over and done with.

"Listen. I'm sorry, it wasn't cool for me to come for you like that." She apologises. It takes me by surprise because I don't know if she's lying or telling the truth.

"You didn't even know half of what happened and you still decided to come for me unprovoked. I really don't know what I did to you to make you hate me so much." I whisper defeated.

"I don't know what you want from me. I never spoke to you, or bothered you, so why on earth are you so obsessed with me." My voice raises and she flinches at my tone.

Toulouse jumps to my lap and pats my hand in consolation. Thanks buddy.

"You and Cameron. He would always speak about you it got so boring. 'Competition with Aviva today' or 'I beat Jones today'" she mocks. "And then to find that my boyfriend is also your ex, it hurt. It's like you're everywhere and I don't even know you. Like you said we've never spoken. Yet you're everywhere, it's suffocating. Now you're my roommate!" Her voice falters as tears well up in her eyes.

"I'm sick and tired of everyone being obsessed with you. Tired of you taking my ex and my current boyfriend."

"Alexis and I broke up ages ago?" I say incredulously.

"But you're still here! You have everything I want," she stands up and pushes me back for a reaction. She hits my shoulders repeatedly and erratically until I almost hit my bed. But I don't hit back.

"And you think you can make some sob story about Alexis abusing you? He would never-"

I catch her arm as it's in the air and her eyes widen. "Annie. You can say anything you want to me, but saying that I lied about my trauma is crossing the line." I say scaring myself with how calm I sound.

"I don't have to explain myself to you. We don't know each other, so you don't have to know my business. The only person spinning these things in your head are yourself. There's a reason Alexis didn't say anything yesterday - because you were wrong." I drop her arm.

"You are such a pretty person Annie, and we are adults, there's no way you can continue being jealous of me when I don't even know you. I'm sorry that you're dating my ex, we had our own journey but that book is closed. You honestly don't have to worry about us two getting back together. I love Cameron." I finish.

Annie takes a step back and wipes her eyes with her sleeve, wincing as she brushes past her right eye. I take a seat too and take a deep breath.

"You can have the dorm to yourself, I'll be moving out."

She doesn't say anything but stares into an empty space. I honestly feel bad, I shouldn't of been so harsh. However, if she wants to make friends then she should reconsider how she speaks to people.

I also realise that I said that I love Cameron so casually. It doesn't feel strange, it kind of feels normal.

"I really am sorry Aviva." She whispers.

I open the door and collect Lucy.

"I know."

***
- Cameron Hayes -

Aviva walks into my bedroom and jumps straight into bed. Something's wrong.

I join her, resting my back on the headboard. "Hey Jones, what's up?" I ask, rubbing her shoulder. She turns to me with a smile and shakes her head as to say nothing.