Ten | Weird

- Aviva Jones -

This party is live alright. When we walk in everyone cheers for me and I try navigating my way to some familiar faces.

Waterford are here as well, but they don't seem that bothered by the fact that they lost. Everyone seems to be having a good time.

Stella and I walk around arm in arm and greet everyone we come across. I see Marcel and push Stella towards him. When she looks at me in confusion I wink and say, "I love you, have fun."

She shrugs and dances her way over to him and they break into conversation. Ship sailed.

I notice Cameron leaning on the fridge with a drink in hand just watching the crowd.

"You're blocking the fridge Cam."

He turns at my voice and his eyes rake over my body which makes me smirk a little.

"Did you hear me?" He snaps out of his trance and moves from the fridge door. I open it and grab a bottle of water. "Thank you."

"No problem." He looks away for a second, and I take the opportunity to look at his outfit. He's wearing cargo pants a plain white t-shirt and flannel.  I can't help but notice he's also wearing a single silver chain with matching silver rings on some of his fingers.

There's nothing I love more than a man with good jewellery sense. I must've been staring at his hands and rings a bit too long because I hear him laugh.

When I look up to him face he smirks, "Like what you see?"

"Look who's talking." I retort, taking a sip from my water bottle.

Joyce comes to me and engulfs me in a hug from behind. "Come dance with me!" It's clear she's drunk, nevertheless she drags me to the makeshift dance floor.

I turn back to Cameron hoping he will save me. "Have fun." Is all he says, leaving me to my own devices.

I try to enjoy myself but there's something about the murky smell of sweaty bodies and alcohol that makes me incredibly nauseous.

Joyce looks at me curiously, I smile so she doesn't think anything is wrong. When she sees my smile she beams and dances even more, losing herself in the music.

Alexis comes up to me from behind and snakes his hand around my waist. No ew.

I move forward to remove his hand off of me, but it doesn't move off. He brings his lips to my ear and whispers, "Doesn't this feel like old times?"

That gives me goosebumps, and not the good kind. "Alexis, you're drunk. Please get off of me."

He doesn't move, but instead his arms go lower, where I'm not comfortable being touched.

"Get the fuck off of me." I say, louder this time.

His eyes widen and he immediately removes his hand and puts them up in surrender.

I don't give him the chance to apologise as I look for Marcel. When I find him, he's sitting on a sofa watching Stella. He looks sober.

"Hey Marcel, I'm so sorry, but I'm going home, can you drop Stella home for me?" I ask pleadingly.

"Yeah of course." He gives me a quick hug and takes the key. "Text me when you're home safe."