Twenty - Eight | Shopping

- Aviva Jones -

"Bloody hell!" Bruno yells, running into my room and panting out of breath. So much for hello. "Avi you have to hide me." He says urgently.

I nod, just going along with his plan and shove him into my dresser and sit back on my bed as casually as possible. Joyce bursts into my room, "Avi have you seen Bruno?"

"No, why?" I feign obliviousness.

"You're lying." She deadpans, "Bruno, I know you're in here." She singsongs, checking behind the door. "Seriously it's not that deep, I just want our outfits to match!"

"What outfits?" I ask, what is she talking about?

Bruno's head pops up, "The awards thing that's happening next Saturday."

Joyce rolls her eyes and picks Bruno up as he's about to fall onto the floor. How on earth is this boy hanging onto my cloak hanger? If this boy breaks it.

"The sports award ceremony? Girl you literally gave us this message in netball yesterday. Mr lover-boy over here is on the basketball team but isn't picking out his suit. It's literally next week!" Joyce explains, and I nod in understanding.

Now I remember, I was starting to feel sick so I wasn't really paying attention.

"Fine, lets go shopping." Bruno concedes, I look at him with sympathy as he walks out, He even mouths a little "Save me" and I can't help but laugh as they walk out of the door, leaving me to my own devices.

I grab my phone and message Cam, he responds urgently.

CamCam <3

A: I have a serious dilemma...

C: We literally got McDonald's yesterday?

A: No not that, there's a sports award ceremony next Saturday.

C: What's the problem?

A: I haven't got a dress..

C: I'll be there in 15 minutes.

I place my phone down with a fat grin on my face. Looks like Bruno isn't the only person going shopping.

***

"What kind of dress are you looking for?" He asks as he drive us to the shopping mall.

"I have an idea already." I show him a picture on my phone, it's a nude , skin- tight dress that's thigh high. It'll contrast my dark skin beautifully and I have nude shoes that will match perfectly with the dress. He looks over at my phone and nods in approval which makes me smile.

Not like I need his approval, but it's really nice to see he likes it.

I watch his hands as he shifts the gear and holds the steering wheel with one hand. He catches me staring a bit too hard.

"Like what you see?" He asks as always I can hear the smile in his voice.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yeah right, so what should I be wearing?"

I turn to him in surprise, "You'll be my date?"

He laughs, "Of course. It'll be fun. It'll be funny to see everyone's reaction to us dating." He takes his hand off the gear shift and places it on my thigh massaging it.

The only reason why I didn't want to bother him with it was because he doesn't like going out often. I don't want him doing something he doesn't want to do.

Cameron gets out of the car and walks over to my side to open my door. "Such a gentlemen aren't you." I tease.

He closes the door and intertwines our fingers, "Don't get too used to it." he replies.