Fifteen | Friendsgiving

- Aviva Jones -

Today is thanksgiving. Since my family is out, my parents are abroad, Levi went back to his home, and Riva's gone back, meaning I'm all alone in Evergreen.

Joyce and Bruno created friendsgiving, so I don't feel so left out. And I'm in charge of the turkey. Now I don't particularly like turkey but for the sake of todays holiday I'll make it.

At my dorm the room doesn't have enough space so I'm at my parents house, at least it'll be easier to prepare here.

Yesterday I had to season the turkey, so it marinates properly, but I am struggling to make the vegetables and stuff.

A knock comes at the front door and I take my gloves off to open it.

"Hey, are you ready for this?" Cameron asks, I let him in and he takes off his shoes, jacket and his beanie.

He follows me into the kitchen and I finally answer him. "I don't think I'll be able to cook this in time for tonight." I confess.

It's 9 in the morning and friendsgiving is at 6. He takes the marinated turkey from the fridge and pulls out some aluminium foil. "If we start now, it will turn out. If not, we can just do friendsgiving at your house."

True, true.

I give him a pair of gloves and he carefully places the turkey in the Pyrex dish. I take oven mits and shove it in the oven, setting a timer.

"Ok, I'm in charge of mac and cheese, but I can only make box mac and cheese." He says, rubbing his head.

I facepalm and grab my keys, "let's go to the store, I can make a good mac and cheese."

"What about the turkey?" He asks, slightly concerned.

"It's on a low heat, we won't be gone long. Let's go." He follows after me and we hop into the car.

***
"So what ingredients do we need? We're feeding six."

"No love, we're feeding 12. I'm taking leftovers home." I reply, walking to the pasta section. There's so many different types of pasta it's crazy. The one we need is macaroni obviously...

Cameron gets several packs and we move on to the cheese aisle. One thing about Cameron is that he loves cheese, so he grabs all of his favourites. We get the rest of the ingredients, like double cream etc and go to the self service checkout.

I scan all the items and pull out my phone to pay. Apple Pay works wonders. He looks at me with confusion, holding his card out.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm paying, captain obvious." I reply, before scanning my phone over the card reader and picking up the ingredients.

"I'll pay you back." He says.

I dismiss him and leave him to pick up the bags, "you don't need to, I'll be eating this food anyways."

He reluctantly nods and we head back into the car. It's been an hour and a half, so we head back to my house to make a start on the mac and cheese.

***

Our phones light up at the same time, and I check to see the message as he boils the water in a pot.

Friendsgiving :)

J: how's everyone doing?

A: all right but we may have to have the party here...

B: but we brought decorations and everything.

M: simple solution - take them down bring to Aviva's

S: excuse Marcel, he's in a mood