Fourteen | Plans

- Cameron Hayes -

"So I think we should plan a road trip." Bruno suggests. It's just me him and Marcel in my dorm brain storming ideas, for only God knows.

"Remember the time we tried to go on a road trip in high school without a permit and you almost got arrested." Marcel says, directly to Bruno.

He holds his hands up in surrender, "I really thought I could charm that police officer, damn. I don't know what came over me. I can drive perfectly well." He argues.

I mumble a sure, under my breath but he catches onto that. "Please, don't start Cam. I'm pretty sure you almost got us into Canada. How does one almost leave the country by accident?!"

We all laugh as we remember that day. I facepalm because I really thought I could wing it that day. I tried to convince my parents that we'd make it. Eventually, we needed wasting time much gas, and kept getting lost so we gave up and went home.

Not my finest moment.

"Anyways, I have a permit now. It'll be nice to leave for thanksgiving. Oh I know, let's have a friendsgiving!" He offers, clapping for himself for his amazing idea.

"You've been hanging out with Joyce haven't you? You sound just like her." Marcel observes.

"Well she is my girlfriend you idiot." He rolls his eyes and dismisses Marcel completely.

"So Cam what do you say? You can bring Aviva." He smirks deviously.

I look at his with an eyebrow raised, amused. "And what makes you think -." I get cut off short when Annie approaches the table.

"Cam, can we talk?" She asks, not bothering to acknowledge the other two at the table. I look at them and they give me the go ahead sign.

I nod and get up, following her to wherever she wants to take me.

When we reach our old hangout spot, she invites me to sit down and I decline, waiting for her to start talking.

"How have you been?" She begins.

"I don't mean to be rude, but can we cut to the chase please?" I say, completely biting the bullet.

"Ok," she huffs, "I just wanted to clear the air. To be clear, I'm not going to apologise for anything. So I hope you don't get that twisted."

I recoil my head and stare at her in disbelief. Even rubbing my eyes, to make sure my ears are working.

"I'm sorry what?"

"I don't mean to be rude, but when we used to hang out. You'd talk about Aviva all the damn time. She's not that special. I swear you didn't even like her before. But now you hang out every day?"

That's what this is about?

"This sounds a lot like jealousy to me." I say frankly.

She waits for me to continue, but I stop there. "Maybe we aren't supposed to be friends. Especially if you're going to be shoving people that I care about. Also, you never made an effort with Bruno or Marcel anyway. You've got Alexis now. I don't think you'll have to worry."

Without waiting I walk away and go back to the table.

"Tough break, huh?" Marcel asks.

"I don't even want to talk about it."

***
After that eventful day, I crash into my bed back of my dorm and video call Caleb.

"Hello brother." He states, ominously.

"So you're watching TVD again, aren't you?" I ask.

He turns the camera to the show and flips it back onto himself. "Of course I am. Anyways what's up?"

We end up catching up because I haven't seen him in a while. When we're done, I end the call and roll around on my bed.

I want to get a cat. Why, you ask. If people can get baby fever, you can get cat fever too.

My phone starts to ring and it's Joyce. I answer placing the phone on loud speaker.

"Hey Madden, what's up?"

"Hello Hayes," she mimicks, "so how would you feel about a friendsgiving this year?"

"Sure I'd have to ask my family but-."

"Great!" She called out to someone else in the distance, "He said yes!" I hear cheering in the background. Sounding an awful lot like Bruno.

"You made it seem as if you proposed to me or something." I chuckle.

She stays silent and then begins to laugh, "Okay I'll send you a message of what you need to bring."

Before I even get the chance to answer the call ends and I see a bunch of messages from a new group chat.

Friendsgiving :)

J: hey guys, you're all invited. My place on Thursday!

B: I'll be there.

J: of course you'll be there love x

M: save it for the private chat please. I'll come too.

S: I'll try, thanks for inviting me darling.

J: you have no choice, this is mandatory!

S: sure...

J: anyways. Aviva and Cameron are y'all together?

M: wdym together, are you from the south?

A: girl, bye. I'll be there, don't worry.

J: HAYES! I can see you reading the messages.

Uh oh, busted...

C: ok, I'll come too. It's against my will though.

B: you know you love us.

I decide to leave the chat there and scroll through Instagram again, seeing a new picture Aviva posted a couple minutes ago.

It brings me back to when I was teasing her, because she wouldn't show me her Instagram. But she managed to find mine really easily.

What's fascinatingly scary is that girls can have a name and a face and know everything about a person, in a few minutes. There will always be a girl who knows another, who knows another and so on, until the person is found.

The picture is like a photo dump, there's a bunch of pictures with her and her friends, I swipe through the pictures and see a picture of us two in there.

It's one of the pictures she took one time when we went to the beach. My face is covered but I know that is me in the photo. I like the post and scroll through the comments.

Many of them asking who that person is.

It's me

They don't have to be so nosy about it though, I send her the picture on that slide, and she reads the message instantly. Then typing shows up.

C: so who's the guy?

A: idk, just some randomer I found...

C: You'd make a cute couple.

A: go to sleep

I laugh at her reply and turn my phone off. But she didn't say we wouldn't..

****
Hey guys, how was his chapter? I really enjoyed this one because of the cutesy moment at the end. Please let me know what your favourite part was in the comments. Please vote and comment on this chapter. ❤️

—Coco