Twenty - Six │Roommates

- Aviva Jones -

"Welcome class, you will be performing a science practical today. You're all adults more or less, so choose your partners and come collect your instructions."

Cameron and I make direct eye contact from opposite sides of the classroom and agree to pair up. We walk to collect the instructions and we sit by his desk to read them.

Nobody knows that we're together. I mean sure, looking back now, we did act like a couple more than most. But we both agreed that there's something fun about keeping our relationship private.

"So this practical we're using fire, so tie your hair up." Cameron suggests wrapping his hand around my braids. I wave him off with my hand.

Cameron actually helped me do my braids, I find it much better to braid my own hair as changing it up can get pricey. So he offered to help, turns out he's a natural.

"Alright Cam, that's enough, love." I reply, flicking through the booklet of instructions.

Bruno and Joyce sit next to our table with goggles already on. "Let's light this place up!" Bruno exclaims holding up a blowtorch. Joyce claps as he produces a huge beautiful orange flame.

"Bruno! That's quite enough. You will be using Bunsen burners, not blowtorches, where on earth did you even get that from?" the teacher exclaims.

He merely shrugs and tucks the blowtorch under his desk as if its completely normal. I look to Cameron and he's doubling over on the floor trying to recover.

"Bruno, remember that time you lit your hand on fire." Cameron recalls.

That day was absolutely hilarious. I wasn't close to their group except from Marcel, but Bruno saw a hack where you put dish soap on your hand, then add fire and it wouldn't burn.

He thought, he would do it himself. So he poured hand soap instead of dish soap and long story short it didn't protect him enough and he burnt his hand.

Only Bruno.

"Ok sure, it was one time." He concedes trying to keep his laughter in. "Sometimes I can be a bit dumb, but I make it up by being an amazing person."

"Sounds like something a terrible person would say." Joyce mutters, which leads to them two have a fully blown argument.

Cameron takes the time to sneak up behind me and whisper in my ear, "let's not do any of that." Then he places a kiss on my cheek. How did they not notice?

I lean my head in the other direction, "Stop," I drag out, "we're in lesson." I turn and fully face him. "Cameron." I warn.

"Aviva." He matches my tone exactly.

"After this practical, we should get McDonald's." I suggest.

He takes a big sigh and rubs his head, "sure, right after this lesson."

***

Cameron comes back to my dorm with the McDonald's so now we're sitting on my bed asking each other questions.

"What's your favourite item of jewellery?" He asks.

"Definitely rings, then necklaces and earrings. You can't go wrong with those." I reply, outlining his tattoo. "Why did you get the tattoo?"

"Daisies are special in my family. My dad got them for my mom when they first met and they're pretty."

"So nothing to do with the fact that you gave me a daisy when we first met?" I ponder.

"Well, would you look at that. That would be such a coincidence, it's almost as if I've known that it's always been you." He replies smoothly, pressing a kiss on my forehead and wrapping his arms around my waist.