Twenty - Three | Favourite Person

- Aviva Jones -

"I feel like you haven't been at work for ages!" Martha says as I walk through the door placing my lanyard around my neck and signing in.

"I'm here now!" I reply. Christmas was super hectic, so I took time off of work to see my family. My parents ended up coming back and the whole family spent Christmas at my parents house.

"Where's my child, Stella?" Martha asks walking into the employee only sector of the store. In perfect time, Stella comes running through the door heaving and out of breath.

"I'm not late!" She exclaims, "ready for work Martha." Martha nods and walks back into her office as we begin to restock the shelves.

After Christmas, there was a huge sale so shelves were cleared. Great for my pay check, but it was incredibly busy that day.

Stella hands me a bunch of shoes and we split up organising the shoes on the display. Technically the store is closed, but we're helping out because Martha keeps saying she's getting old.

My phone buzzes in the counter and I walk up to see who's calling me. Turning my phone around I see it's a FaceTime request from Cameron. As much as it hurts my ego to admit, I did miss him over the break.

I didn't see him at all, but we did talk over the phone as much as possible. "Hey Cam." I wave.

"Hey Jones," he greets back, "Lucy quit touching my stuff." He is off-frame as he chastises Toulouse. "Aviva come get your son, he's causing a ruckus."

I don't get a chance to respond as he continues, "Hey! Mama's here and she's listening." He goes back into frame and turns the phone around so Lucy can see me.

In old fashion, he stops and turns to me waving his paw. "Hi Toulouse, be good for your dad please."

Stella's head whizzes to face me and she mouthes "dad?" I mouth back that I'll tell her later. Cameron catches the interaction.

"Where are you right now?" He asks.

I lift my phone to display Stella and I, "I'm at work with Stella."

"Hayes." She nods, going back to her task.

"Mai." He matches her time with a nod. "I see you later Jones? I think Lucy needs a time out. Catch you later Mai!" He yells.

"Bye Hayes!" She yells back.

"I'll come over later. See you later." I end the call and place my phone back on the counter. I was about to resume my task when Stella stops me and sits me back down to a stool.

"It's very clear I missed out a few chapters, I thought Marcel was joking about the cat? Not to mention, you didn't tell me you two got together." She whines.

"We aren't together."

But you have kissed him a couple times, borrowed his clothes that you wear regularly and gave him your favourite necklace.

Shut up.

"I totally ship it. I can sense God tier genes with your babies. Your hair and his eyes. Beautiful combination." She ponders, giving a chefs kiss.

"Yeah, no. It's probably not going to happen." I reply.

But you want it to...

Huh? Who said that?

"A girl can dream." Stella sighs. I ignore that comment and my subconscious and stack the rest of my shoes.

***