Twenty - One | Snow

- Aviva Jones -

Something is weighing me down. I roll over to look over at my side to see a peacefully sleeping Cameron, with arm draped around my torso. Cue the butterflies.

Purely because I can't help it - I brush the thick brown waves away from his eyes and watch as he sleeps. He begins to stir and I close my eyes again, pretending to sleep.

He lets out a husky laugh mixed with his morning voice, it sounds like heaven. "I know you're awake Jones. I think the right thing to do is say good morning." I can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

I open my eyes and give him a small smile, while stretching. "Morning, what time is it?" I ask.

He removes his arm and sits upright at the edge of the bed, checking his phone. "It's 7:45."

Wow so I've been asleep for 11 hours straight? Damn.

He turns to me and gets off the bed holding his hands out for me to take. Obviously I take them gratefully and he pulls me in for a hug. Now because I'm still seated I'm technically hugging his waist and he's hugging my neck.

"This is nice. Good morning Jones." I feel the rumble of his body as he speaks. I remove my hands from his torso and pat my head - my bonnet's on?

I look up at him in confusion, "Did you put my bonnet on my head?" I ask.

He nods, "Well you're hair looked nice and we don't want it to be ruined do we? Why was I not supposed to or something? I kind of have a lot to learn." He replies, scratching his head awkwardly.

Something about hearing this boy ramble about how much he cares is absolutely adorable.

"No, everything is perfect. Thank you." He cups my cheeks and stares into my eyes for a bit.

"Breakfast!" I hear yelling downstairs and we jolt back.

Cameron gets his socks and looks back at me when he sees that I haven't moved he asks, "Aren't you coming?"

"I'll be down in a second. I'm going to change and brush my teeth." Content with my response, he grabs his toothbrush from his bag and walks out of the room.

***

I walk down the stairs and see Cameron and Levi talking in the kitchen. "Look who finally decided to show up." My brother says, but the grin on his face in undeniable.

"Yeah, yeah grandpa - don't get all judgemental with me." I counter giving him a big hug. "I missed you." I drag out the 'you' and he holds me for a good minute before letting go.

"Damn, my little sister grew up. I never realised you could be this pretty." He continues, "I hope you're treating her nicely." He directs this at Cameron but I can't help but laugh.

Cameron nods at him, and when Levi looks away he winks at me, drinking his coffee. I sit next to him and drink my tea. "The snow out here is crazy. I kind of want to go outside to take pictures."

"Well, if you get ready now, you'll be able to go out for a bit before Elianna wakes up. I'm on baby duty while she gets some rest."

"Look at Levi, being grown up. I'd never thought I'd see the day." I get a playful glare in return and I turn to Cameron. "You want to come?"

"Sure, I'm just going to finish this breakfast." he replies. I walk back up the stairs and get myself ready. I already took my shower before going down so I change into a warm hoodie and jeans. Finally wearing jeans!

I pair it with some heeled boots so I can take some pictures for instagram. I left my jewellery in Cameron's bag, so I open it up and see the hand cream I bought for him a couple months ago.