Chapter 11

It was Saturday morning. I was in the forest. This is what I did every Saturday. I explored the forest with my camera around my neck. I was the most happiest and free when I was here. It felt like my second home apart from my bedroom. I felt safe and at peace. The rich smell of nature and the sounds that everything made here was harmony to me. For some reason, today this place reminded me of Zukile. Maybe because of how earthly he smelled. I was snapping away with my camera as I moved along the pathways. Even though there were animals here, they were harmless. As far as I new there were no wolf animals. I was admiring some peach flowers when I heard howling. A wolf? In all my years that I've been exploring this forest, I've never seen any wolves. I looked around and saw nothing. I'm sure it was nothing. I bent to smell the flowers again when the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I was being watched. I straightened up and looked around some more. Nothing. But I did notice one thing though. The forest had gone completely silent. I think it was time for me to leave now. I was halfway out of the clearing when I heard a twig snap behind me. I stopped and turned around slowly and there it was. A wolf. I've seen many wolves on television. All different kinds. But I've never seen a wolf like the one I was looking at now. First of all, it was flippen humongous. Almost the size of me. Kid you not. And it was black. Like charcoal black. It's eyes were vividly amber. When it made a move to come closer to me that's when I turned and ran away. As I ran away I kept looking back behind me. Yeah the wolf was chasing me alright. But I then realized that it was actually playing with me because I knew there was no way in hell that I could outrun it. If it wanted to it would've caught me by now. I've heard about predators playing with their preys on hunts before killing them. This wolf was doing the same with me. I could see the clearing now. I was almost there. Please God please. Let me get out of this alive. I looked back once more which was the exact time when I stepped on something causing my ankle to twist. I cried out in pain as I went down falling.

I quickly scrambled back remembering that I fell because there was a wolf chasing me. I held up both my hands in front of me in hopes that it would stop the wolf from advancing but it didn't. Who was I kidding?
Me: "P-Please p-please stay away. D-Don't c-come any closer." It didn't listen of course. The darn wolf kept on advancing as it made whining noises. Oh my god! This was it. I was going to die "Don't eat me please!" I screamed closing my eyes expecting it to kill me but none of that happened. Instead I felt something wet my ankle that was hurt. I opened one of my eyes and for the life of me I couldn't believe what was happening before me. The wolf was lapping my twisted ankle with its tongue as it still made whining noises. I stared at what it was doing not knowing what do to. But the amazing and disbelieving part was that as it carried on licking me, the pain in my ankle started to ebb away. It was like the wolf was healing me with its saliva. I don't believe that I was actually the one saying this, but it appeared that the wolf's saliva had some healing powers. The hell? After it was satisfied that my ankle was healed, it moved closer and started to rub its muzzle all over me while it whined and whined. I stayed utterly still as I was caught off guard. When the shock eased away I remembered that this was an actual wolf with sharp teeth. I scrambled back and stood up on my feet. I was grateful and all that it healed my ankle but a predator was still a predator. It couldn't be trusted. I started to walk back. It's eyes stayed on me as I retreated, not moving. I don't know but it's eyes were familiar somehow. I felt like I've seen them before. When I was sure that I was at a safe distance I turned and ran all the way home.