FALL IS TRULY AMAZING: 09/03/21

Free verse

I love fall so much. Well, I could do without all the stink bugs because those things are everywhere, but besides that fall is truly amazing. It's the time to get your sweaters out who have been waiting to be worn. Waiting to feel the breeze blow through the holes, a breeze that is only specific to fall. Oh and the smell, don't even get me started on that. It is one of the best things in the world, the smell of fall. It brings back so many memories of when I was young. Like when I had to rake leaves but would end up just making a pile in which I used as a crash landing area. I would run so fast, jump so high, and then I would fall. I remember hearing the crisp crunch of the leaves under me when I landed. Nothing can compare to it and oh how i miss acting like such a child when I would see the leaves fall. Even to this day, when the wind blows and all those loose dead leaves fall i look up in awe of how the world can be so beautiful. The smell of fall is fresh, it's calming, and it's unique. It's almost as if you can smell all of the leaves but they don't smell bad or dead, they smell more alive then they've ever been. Fall is truly amazing. From the cinnamon sugar donuts to the apple cider, from the warm, comfortable days to the chilly, moving nights. Watching as the days slowly pass how fast the leaves can change color. I know we learned about it in science class but I still don't get how leaves can go from being a basic green to such a vibrant red so fast. I know, I know chlorophyll and sunlight and whatever, but it still amazes me. Like if you don't think about the science behind it and just look and watch it. The world does that. Nature does that. It is so naturally beautiful. There's red, there's orange, there's yellow. They vary so much but all being so uniquely and beautifully their own. Fall is truly amazing. During the season, I feel as if the comfort levels just go up. It is like getting a hug from nature. So as the leaves fall and the trees become bare, can we just take the time to appreciate what all happens here? Because fall is truly amazing.