THESE BOOKS: 2/13/22

Kinda slam poetry. More so spoken poetry.

Is it sad that nowadays I'd rather pay for a book that barley has any words on each page than a full one?
Those small paragraphs or even singular sentences can have the ability to reach so much deeper than a page full of similar adjectives. I can relate to the emotion of the periods after every. Single. Word. I can relate to the sentences getting cut short with nothing left to finish.... I can relate to the emptiness that lies on the entirety of the pain soaked white covered page.
Is it sad that I can relate more to this small section of black little letters, than I can to a novel that is full of them? The books that seem abandoned by their words, that seem like they are just a waste of paper and pages, those books are the ones that deserve to be read the most. Those books come straight from someone else's mind and experiences. Written on paper for the reader to endure the pain that is shared amongst other people who have been faced with similar circumstances.
Is it sad that I'd rather read something painful and scarring because it's relatable, than to loose myself in the fantasies of a romance novel?
Is it sad that I'd rather spend $10 on a book that has the total amount of words to equal 4 full pages, than to buy a book that is filled from start to finish?
What's sad is that these books that look and seem unfinished, but speak more to you than anyone or anything else could, are the books that are being diminished and ignored the most.
It's not about what the pages look like, or how many words there are. It's the words the author chooses to use in order to get their ordeal of life shared with the public's relating eyes.