SO IN LOVE: 8/8/21

Slam poetry attempt #2

When I looked at you, my heart would stop. Every time I looked in your eyes I could see the reflection of all the stars. They would twinkle and shine off of your irises. When your eyes are open I swear I can see right into you. And I would see a mirrored angel. When your eyes are closed, your long lashes would rest on your delicate cheeks.  My finger traced gracefully across your soft skin as you laid there. The sun as it was rising casting a beautiful orange tint onto it. Your hair was messy but so was your mind and I was here for the entire ride. I never want to leave your side because I belong next to you. I have never felt more at peace than when you are lying next to me. You are beautiful in and out. Body and mind. Bottom to top. I will love you from head to toe and I promise that I'll never decline. You will forever have my heart and I will always be here Whenever you need me because I don't want to see your appealing eyes cry a single tear. You are to exquisite to cry so get out of your marvelous head and look into my eyes And I will tell you right then and there how much you mean to me. You are the highlight of my day. You are the part I look forward to when I exit my dream and enter reality. You are my dream when I am awake. I never have to worry about whether I will be okay because I have you. You are my shoulder cry on and I am your rock to rely on. The sun is almost at its peak when you start to shuffle in your sleep. I give your shoulder a kiss, the same shoulder that's held so many of my tears. "Good Morning Baby" I murmured . You turned around and open your eyes, and I swear I fell in love further.