Part 24 - Wishes.

Righttt, you guys got me to 100 votes which I was extremely happy about so a massive thank you for that and hugs all round! I love you guys! Anyways, this has been skipped forward - just a friendly warning in case any of you become confused! Anyways, I'm blabbing on now so I'm going to love you and leave you with part twenty four of If Only You Knew;D Enjoy, vote and comment please! Oh and five votes until I upload again?:)

-M

xx

--

*Jay's POV*

It's been a month since the incident with Harry. Gracie, Jodie and I have been taking it in turns to be at the hospital, Tom's been staying there overnight every so often, if not Max or Siva have been with her for a while. Nathan's normally with Jodie but she's been coming on her own recently. In other news, nothings happened with Megan, she's still hospital, well I say nothings happened, Megan's life is balancing in her own hands yet she doesn't even know it, everything could take a turn for the worst or get better. We don't know and we won't know until Megan wakes up and considering she's still in a coma, we have to hope, it's the only thing we have left at the moment. The doctors are now looking for more possible options but if Megan doesn't knock out of her unconscious state soon then there's no point, the doctors have already said she'll be in less pain if we let her go... Forever. Of course, not one of us have taken to this thought. We couldn't let Megan slip away like that.

"Jay, how is she?" a weak voice came from behind me,

"Holding in there still" I sighed, not moving my gaze from Megan, her light brown hair had been pushed off her face, that was me but besides that, her eyelids were closed lightly, enveloping her beautiful eyes away so we couldn't see them.

"I miss her" Gracie whispered, Megan's sister and I had spoken few words towards each other yet our body behaviour and gestures give it all away. We're all hurting, to have Megan so close to us one minute and to then have her ripped away the next was a surprise to us all, an even bigger one to Gracie herself, she'd explained what had happened when they were younger about how her and Megan's dad, their mum, and the rest of the family weren't here for them. How Gracie had been the one to help Megan through everything, mostly through her heartbreak with a certain boy that Megan had encountered with recently. That was the day Gracie and I had spoken the most, now we say very few words, Jodie hasn't made an appearance recently either, she'd kept herself hidden and so had Nathan; at Jodie's house. I'm just hoping and praying that I can get my best friend back and safely without any problems... That's if she even remembers us of course.

*Jodie's POV* 

"Come on Jodie, you can't stay cooped up in here forever!" Nathan moaned, banging on the bathroom door with his fists, I've been in here for the last half an hour. It's only just sunk in that my best friends life is on the front line, that in matter of days, weeks or months I could be without my best friend forever.

"YES I CAN" I screamed back, the bathroom door was locked and there was no way that I was letting Nathan see me in a state like this again. If anything ever happened between me and him, I only want happy memories, not ones of him seeing me cry, not ones of him seeing me in this state.

"Jodie, let me in at least, I'm here for you and you know it. Megan will get better I promise, if she doesn't then she'll always be with us, in our hearts, she'll never leave us, she won't leave our thoughts or memories, nor will we try to erase her or our memories." Nathan started, "Megan needs you more than ever right now, so does Jay and Gracie, and guess what Jodie? You need them too, you all need each other." By the time Nathan had finished, I had picked myself up off the floor and unlocked the door, opening it enough for me to slide out.

"I love you" I murmured, kissing Nathan's cheek before viciously wiping away my tears. Nathan was right, I'm sat here, feeling sorry for myself, thinking and preparing for the worst while Megan has more chances of pulling through this than letting go.

"I love you too" Nathan told me, moving the hair out of my eyes and smiling. "You want to go to the hospital?" Nathan asked, his green orbs searching my blue ones for an answer, any sort of sign. He must have found it without me even saying anything because he walked down the hall before returning with my vans, house and car keys before giving them o me and scooping me off the ground.

"Thank you" I whispered, hiding my face in the crook of Nathan's neck, inhaling his sweet scent. Nathan put me in the car and took the keys off me before walking round to his side and climbing into the drivers seat. I smiled briefly across at Nathan before sliding my petite feet into my shoes and clipping my seat belt in. They say you learn something new everyday and today? Today I learnt never to give in without a fight and guess what? I'm not going to, not now, not ever.

*Megan's POV*  

"What are you doing?" My sister asked, I take it she was talking to Jay, I knew he had been in the room, he has been for the last few days.  

"Can I have a few minutes with her please?" Jay asked, sighing lightly. 

"Jay?" 

"Please Gracie?" I don't understand why but there must have been some sort of argument or disagreement between the two, they always seem so frustrated at each other. "I just want to check in with her" My sister must have agreed because the door to my room opened and footsteps got lighter and quieter. "Hey there sweetheart! How are you holding up?" Jay I'm fine but I cannot move and it's painful. Oh and I can't speak! I mentally sighed.

JUST LET ME SPEAK ALREADY.

People have passions and hobbies... Mine? Is to talk, they've taken my favourite pass time. Erugh! I remember everyone, my mum, Gracie, Jay, Jodie, Nathan, Siva, Nareesha, Max, Michelle, Tom and Kelsey. Jayne, Martin, Kev all those, Harry. Harry.. Harry... Wait why can't I put a face to the name? 

"Megan, I miss you, we all do" I hadn't been listening to Jay mumble on, i could her his small sobs which only broke my heart, this was a regular occurrence now, Jay would check in daily with me. Pour his heart out, claim how he needs his best friend back but I want so much more than that... So much more. "Megan please, just a sign" Jay pleaded, a small sob escaping his mouth again, I used every ounce of strength in me, I did what I had to do, what he wanted me to do, what I've been wanting to do...

I granted his wish.