Part 23 - Blame and guilt.

Okok! Here's the next part... Five votes before I upload again? Yep? Deal. Anyways, comment and vote please! Oh&enjoy...

-M:)

Xx

--

*Jay's POV* 

"How's she doing?" 

"Not sure" Jodie replied shortly. Nathan had already come and scooped her up into his arms. I sat down in the seat next to the couple and pulled out my phone, logging into twitter to see '#PrayForMegan' trending first worldwide. I smiled but continued to look through twitter, trying to found out how the fans had found out about Megan. Max's profile? Nothing. Siva's profile? Nothing. Nathan's profile? Nothing. Tom's profile? Uh huh! Found it.  

@TomTheWanted: one of our closest friends is in hospital on a critical condition. Love ya Megs #PrayForMegan x 

I retweeted this before writing my own tweet.  At least the fans weren't going crazy with questions and demanding answers....

 @JayTheWanted: Megan would be honoured knowing that you all cared, hoping that we'll get some news on her soon. #PrayForMegan 

Along with retweets I got a shed load if tweets consisting of 'hope she's ok' and 'praying for her, hope you're all okay' I retweeted a few and watched as the trend took over my timeline.  

"Relatives of Megan?" Someone asked, our heads all shot up to look at a doctor standing in front of us.  

"Shit" Jodie whispered, fumbling around in her pocket. I assumed it was for her phone.  

"Megan has slipped into a coma, she has some serious head injures and a few broken ribs  and bones" the doctor explained, a few sobs escaped and filled silent waiting area. I looked round, Jodie was sobbing into Nathan's top, Kelsey had attached herself to Tom as tears flew down her face, Michelle was shaking like crazy and huddled into Max's chest where as Nareesha was staring into staring into space as her eyes welled up but she kept herself quiet. As for us boys, Nathan was looking like he wanted to cry, Max and Siva were quiet, I think that was from pure shock though. I had a few tears roll down my face and Tom was the same. We'd all become so close to Megan in such a short space of time.  

"Can we see her?" I asked, my voice barely audible. He nodded, Jodie stumbled as she stood up, soon she was scooped back off the floor by Nathan. I think he was the most worried, not only had he become to close to Megan like the rest of us but he had Jodie to think about. She was honestly a mess. It sounds horrible but who wouldn't be if their best friend is laying in hospital in a critical condition. Nathan followed the doctor with Jodie in his arms, the rest of us behind him. One by one, a gasp escaped our mouths as we entered the room. To see such a vibrant young girl, knocked into this state was shocking. Megan's light brown hair had been pushed off her face and her eyelids where covering her beautiful browny-grey eyes. Bruises were starting to form on her face and the few cuts she had were visible. I couldn't have felt any guiltier than I am right now, and honestly?

The guilt is beginning to eat me alive...

*Jodie's POV*

"As I said before, she should be ok, her head injuries are the main worry, there's several different things that can happen with things like this, it's not only her physical state that we have to worry about but it's the mental and emotional state we have to think about. She could easily be traumatized for months or even years after this incident."  The doctor explained.

"Thanks" Siva whispered, I don't think the rest of us could actually manage to form a word together net alone a sentence.

"Oh, and there's a high risk of amnesia too, but we can't be certain till she wakes up" the doctor finished before exiting the room.

"I can't believe this is how it could end" Kelsey whispered,

"She'll be fine, the doctor said she will be" Michelle breathed shakily, trying not only to convince us but herself.

"She'll be fine" I whispered to myself, nothing was convincing me though, somehow I didn't think it was possible to survive something like this but we could only hope. But what if Megan survived and then couldn't remember any of us? Would she be better off or would she be worse off? Would she even want to be around us or would she want a normal life away from the spotlight?

"Negativity will only bring you down, think of the future" Nareesha whispered from beside me, it was almost like she could read my thoughts and fears... To be honest... She probably could. Wouldn't surprise me. Everyone but Jay, including Nathan, left the room, leaving just the two of us in there with Megan.

"I'm so sorry" Jay mumbled, looking over Megan's lifeless body

"W-What?" I stuttered, what's Jay apologising for?

"She DM'd me, I was to busy replying to a friend to read it, I had a notifications but I never bothered, I never knew that this would happen, I don't think I've ever felt so guilty" Jay mumbled again but this time, his voice wavered.

"It's not your fault" I told him softly, trying to stop myself from crying again.

"It is, I was too busy with Angel to even notice! She's gonna hate me isn't she?" Jay cried, tears tumbling down his face.

"Megan will not hate you, it's not in her nature to hate someone, there's only one reason she'll hate someone, and that'd be if they did something unforgivable"

"I did though, if I had read my DM's then Megan would never be in this place!"

"Jay, believe me, she won't hate you" I told him, I looked over at Megan, I still don't get how one person could do so much damage. I don't even know why you'd have the desire to do this. It's sick, altogether, it's just heart breaking.

*Nathan's POV*

"Megan will be fine mate, and then so will Jodie" Max told me, patting my back lightly, I shook my head at him,

"But it could be months before she wakes up, what if Jodie does something stupid? What about Jay? We all knew he had a thing for her!"

"I don't know, but we'll just have to be careful and keep things under wraps until Megan's home and recovered" I nodded this time, that's one thing we had to agree on, if the whole story found it's way out all hell would break lose. The story would be twisted and it'd cause a craze.

"Jay's gonna blame himself" I told them all, well the remaining 6 of them.

"What? Why?"

"He was texting some girl called Angel, he ignored Megan's DM" I sighed,

"But that's not his fault!" Kelsey chipped in.

"I know"

"We've just got to stick together" Siva muttered, still hugging Nareesha like he had been for the last ten minutes now. But he's right, the only way we'l get through it is by sticking together...