Part 19 - Heartbreak?

*Jodie's POV* 

I raised my hand to my mouth. He only went out for a drink with the boys. Yet I'm left heartbroken, hows that fair? I dropped the magazine from my hand, letting it hit the floor.  

"Excuse me ma'am, could you pick that up?" the shopkeeper asked nicely, unaware of my situation. I bent down, picking up the magazine, wincing at the front image, placing it back on the rack. I put my head down, walking out of the shop and in the direction of home. I got a few odd looks as I walked down the streets, my hand over my mouth still, breathing heavily, shaking and tears running down my face so I resulted to running in the end. I came to my door, fumbling round in my pocket for my keys. I finally burst through my door, closing it before me before running to my bedroom and flinging myself onto my bed, sobbing my heart out. How could he do this to me? I've done nothing wrong have I? I've been myself, trying to make everyone smile, loving every second of it but it's turned out with me broken again. My heart shattered into tiny pieces.  

I guess I was stupid enough to think that he'd actually date a fan, sure, a few dates and outings, pecking on the lips and cheeks but nothing more. I mean, I'm a fan, he's a pop-star, he could get practically anyone and I really thought he'd settle for me? Stupid cow. This was his way of telling me he wasn't interested?  

"Jodie?" Megan's soft voice rang out from the other side of the door, soon enough she pushed it open slightly, sliding through the small gap.  

"How could he?" I sobbed, my heart is already in a million pieces yet those tiny pieces were shattering into smaller and smaller pieces.  

"How could who do what?" Megan asked confused, walking over and sitting down beside me. 

"He kissed some girl Megs. Am I not good enough for him?" I spoke, my voice barely audible.  

"Who Jods? Nathan?" I paused, wishing it was all just a dream and that I'd wake up sometime soon. I realised that I was holding my breath so I sighed, exhaling heavily.  

"Yeah" I placed my head in my hands, tears tumbling down my cheeks still.  

"Jodie, you are good enough for him and if he has cheated then you deserve more" Megan told me. We sat in silence, Megan with her arm wrapped round me, rubbing my arm, attempting to calm me down.  

Why would he do this? 

He said he'd be there for me? 

How could I fall into his trap? -These were just a few of the questions running through my mind right now.  

I fell for his lies. His stupid, broken, worthless lies.  

How could I let myself do that?  

How could I let myself think that'd he want to be with a fan? 

More questions poured into my mind.  

"Hun, maybe it's just an misunderstanding" Megan said outta the blue, in an attempt to soothe me- dragging my attention away from the picture of me and Nathan my side.  

"He only went out for a drink with the boys" I told her, "not much can go wrong with a couple of drinks!" I added. 

"Maybe it was a fan?"  

"Stop making pathetic excuses for him will you!" I spat, wiping my eyes from the tears. 

"Erm, alright" Megan whispered, removing her hand from my back where she's previously been trying to soothe me and walking out.  

Another one bites the dust. 

Not only have I lost my boyfriend, I just took it all out on Megs. Could this day get any worse?