36. Thunder Struck (1)

Conner and Ethan walked into cybercafe where Ethan told him about the movie he's going to. Conner looked at him. "So let me get this straight. Your going to the movies instead of the biggest social event of the year?"

"It's not just a movie. It's the sequel to asteroid conquest. The greatest si-fi film of all time." Conner groaned. "Dude it's the prom its tradition."

"Oh yeah nice tradition. Smart kids spend the entire semester in agony wondering if they are going to get a date or if they'll be forced to stand in the conner with the other smart kids." The two of them walked up to the table and sat down. "It's too painful bro."

"Woah." Conner replied looking at him. "Never thought about it like that."

"Who you going with?" Ethan asked. Conner sighed. "Well uh--"

Ethan smiled. "You want to ask Rhea out don't you?" He scoofed. "No I don't."

"You so do."

He sighed. "Okay fine. How do I do it?" Ethan looked at him weird. "Your asking me how to ask a girl out? You Conner McKnight?"

"Well see Rhea is different." He said. "I mean she isn't like other girls. She is so unpredictable and she can just you know--"

"Say no?" He guessed. He paused and slightly nodded. At that moment Kira entered the Cafe walking towards them.

"Hey guys." She sat down.

"Who you going to the prom with?" He asked. "I don't have a date."

"You don't seem too worried." She shrugged. "Its just a dance."

Devan then entered and walked up to them looking at Conner. "Hey Conner. Got a minute?"

"Sure. What's up?" He shrugged. "Well I just need a quick chat in uh private."

"Okay." He nodded and got up following him. Just then Rhea ran inside the Café and ran up to Ethan and Kira. "Guys guess what?"

They looked at her. "What?" She held up a pamphlet giving it to them. They looked at it. "Lets ride. The biggest Motor race in Reef side. Do you ride? If yes come sign up for the race that takes place tomorrow at Reef side motors. Sign up is free."

Kira looked at her. "Wow that's perfect for you." Rhea nodded. "I know. ugh this is going to be awesome!"

"Well have you signed up?" Rhea scoffed. "Of course I have."

The two looked at her. Ethan then nodded. "You saw the pamphlet and got excited and came straight here right?" She smiled and turned and started running. Conner caught her before she left. "Hey I got to ask you something."

"Yeah uh can it wait I'll be right back." And with that she bolted out of the Cafe.

Rhea rode her bike in the tracks and jumped over the finish line as two people clapped for her. They ran towards her smiling. "Wow that was amazing."

"Thank you so much uh--" 

"Mathew Morris. And she's my assistant Emma. We're with international sports." Rhea looked at him confused. "Basically we go around the world searching for new talent and giving them a chance for a lifetime."

Rhea's eyes widened. "Oh uh--"

Emma chuckled. "Yeah. Your coach showed us a couple of your races and let me tell you we were very much impressed."

"Wow Oh my God. Thank you." She smiled.

"Yeah so we were--" She was about to continue but Rheas bracelet rang. Rhea looked at it and then at the two people infront of her and smiled.