Chapter 113

"Sir, why didn't you let me feed that child just now?" The official who had just stopped drinking couldn't help but turn his head.

"Don't look back," Mr. Fang's voice was still calm, "you can save him for a while, but not for the rest of your life, not to mention, didn't you see those disaster victims who came up? Save this one, the rest How to do?"

"Not many people..."

"That's all you saw these people, do you know why I let them bring food at night, because hungry people are irrational, they even eat people, you think you take out the food, you can be safe and sound Get out of this place?"

Mr. Fang's unhurried voice made the official break out in a cold sweat.

Another official came up and whispered, "I know you are soft-hearted, but being soft-hearted when you shouldn't be soft-hearted will hurt everyone."

"Xiaguan knows what's wrong." The young official bowed his head in shame.

In fact, before they set off, Mr. Fang had told him to ignore the people who were begging for food on the road, because he saw that the child was not big, and he thought of his younger brother, he couldn't bear it for a while, and almost made a big mistake.

Master Fang sighed, he couldn't bear it, but the purpose of his trip was the whole of Subei, and he couldn't lose the big because of the small.

This trip was difficult. He knew long before he set off, but His Majesty sent him here because of his trust. In any case, he could not live up to this trust.

The small town in front is their second destination. Compared with the main city, the environment here is worse, but in the face of all this, not a single official complained. They know that just surviving is the sacrifice of those who live here. The result of best effort.

The officials who came to greet them were not very respectable, their cheeks were thin, and their complexions were not good. Seeing them, their eyes lit up: "It's the disaster relief officials sent by the imperial court. I didn't expect you to come in person. Please come in quickly. Not much, if there is any negligence, look to Haihan."

The government office in this small city is much smaller than the main city, and the layout is very outdated. Mr. Fang glanced around, but could not find a valuable item.

After a few simple greetings, Mr. Fang went straight to the topic: "How is the disaster situation here? I asked someone to bring some supplies, I don't know if they are enough."

The officials in the small town clearly understood the situation here and explained the disaster situation succinctly.

The more he listened, the tighter Mr. Fang's brows became.

Strictly speaking, the disaster here started at the end of April, and until now, there has not been a drop of rain. Later, when it really couldn't stand it, the government sold everything that could be sold for money and bought a batch of food from the outside. , which is barely supported until now.

"Didn't you say take out the Subei Army's salaries for emergencies?"

"Most of the people are on the main city side. Small counties or villages like us can get some that burn incense in a previous life, and the food given from above is only a little bit. It won't take long for so many people to leave. I'm gone, but where can I escape, the whole Subei is the same."

"Did no one escape outside Subei?"

"This..." The little official looked embarrassed, gritted his teeth, and continued, "It's impossible to escape outside. A relative of Xiaguan wanted to leave Subei with his wife and daughter. find someone."