I narrow my eyes. "Luka. Sorry, Luka. I needed a refresher."

Hysteria drains to my chest as his grip encloses around my neck, tightly choking it. "Don't worry, my little Mika. I'll be sure to punish you for the lack of manners. It will bring my utmost joy to turn those perfectly carved cheeks red."

My breathing hollows out as panic takes over. When the fright engulfs me, I envision the events of that night. A memory all too dreadful to recall at the times like this when I'm trying to have fun. Sometimes I forget this isn't like last time and when the reality sinks in, calmness overrides the fear.

I tap his hand, a signal for him to release his grip. "How about your manners? I thought we discuss the choking issue. It's only fair I punish you for breaking our contract."

Luka's eyes flash with interest. "It's engraved in my bones to choke you, Mika. I'll work harder to change my instincts. If you need to punish me, then I'll gladly take anything you have to throw at me."

Glancing over his shoulder, my brain bursts with inspiration at the sight of one individual. My hawk eyes knew his body, his antics, his mannerism like the back of my hand. As usual, he's staying hidden, glancing on either side of his shoulders for me. The dilemma is evident in his actions. He wants to search for me but is fighting against the urge.

I'll make the decision easy enough for him.

I bring my lips to his ears. "I don't think you can imagine the things I plan to do to you as punishment. I'm going to make you suffer in ways that have you begging to burn in Hell."

His body shudders as his hand cups my ass. "I don't think I can survive waiting any longer. What do you think of us starting a bit early?"

I shake my head. "No, no. You have to learn to be more patient. The stakes advance higher when you're eagerly waiting for it. I'll go grab us a quick drink, then we can dance for a bit until the clock strikes."

Luka doesn't release his grips on my ass cheek until he plops a nasty kiss on my shoulder, leaving a moist imprint in its wake. I wonder how it would feel to have the curious, innocent, shy Asiel attacking my skin with his mouth. He wouldn't be anywhere near as barbaric as Luka. Instead, he would cherish my body like it's a masterpiece.

Asiel would caress my body as if it was glass, an object so easy to break. That's the illusion I created. To Asiel, I'm a lost, helpless woman seeking refuge in an industry that's known for taking girls. Hidden behind a mask of provocative, sultry, risque to distract from destruction within.

Men like Asiel loved to have a project to work on.

What's the better mission than to transform the girl who fucks people for a living? It's human instinct for an upstanding individual to fall into the deeper depths of hell. It's the only logical reasoning behind Asiel's repeated retrieval. Even the most perfect angels can stumble into the darkness... into the shadows until their souls turn hollow.

"A dirty martini and a scotch, please," I say, leaning over Asiel's chair since the bar is conveniently crowded. "Hola, Muneco. No esperaba verte esta noche."

(I didn't expect to see you tonight.)

His stony gaze roams over me. "I came to discuss something with Diablo. I'll be leaving shortly."

My lips protrude into a pout as I lean my elbows on the bar. "Oh? That's no fun." A finger taps my shoulder as I glance over my shoulder to see my drinks made. "That's too bad. I've been looking forward to catching up, but I can see it's not reciprocated."

"There's no point," he blurts, licking his lips. "Aren't you busy with a client for the rest of the night?"

Are my ears deceiving me? Has Asiel formed an attachment to me already? This venture grows intriguing by the minute, and I couldn't wait to see the lengths I can take this. A devilish grin takes over my lips.