WE DO NOT ROAST SONGBIRDS!!!

[Peril is sleeping in her bed at JMA and having strange dreams about fried chicken and rutabaga]

Peril: *mumbling* No, we only serve chicken here......what??? .....what do you mean rutabaga is "in"? Well I'm out....SNOOOORE

???: QUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

Peril: GAAAAAH PEAKING DUCK!!!! *Jumps off her bed* WHAT TIME IS IT? CLAY? DID I OVERSLEEP?! WHERE'S THE CAKE!?!?

Pete: *waddles into her room with a piece of paper in his beak* QUAAAAAACK.

Peril: What in Pyrrhia?? Is that the crazy duck I've heard about?

Pete: *gives a haughty quack and drops the paper, then waddles away*

Peril: DON'T LET ANYONE EAT YOU!!! *Bends down to read the paper* Peril has been dared to kiss a magpie? What's that? Some sorta fish? Maybe Starflight will know.

*Latergh*

Peril: *walks into the Library* Starflight?

Starflight: *stiffens* Careful with the scrolls.

Peril: Yeah yeah good to see you too. Hey, do you know what a magpie is?

Starflight: It's a small grey and black bird with a bit of blue. Why?

[.........]

Starflight: she's gone, isn't she?

*Latergh*

Peril: *flying over the forest* why was I dared to kiss a bird??? Eh. Where is that thing anyway?

Peril: Hey, maybe Tide knows. Or at least he can snap one into existence..... HEY TIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!!

[......................................]

Peril: Okay, that didn't work.

Peril: *lands on a rock in front of a pond*.

Peril: Well, it is kinda nice to get away from--

Squid: *pops out of the spring* AAACK! SEA MONSTER!?

Peril: *blinks* But it's a pond...

Squid: AaAaAcK!!!! pOnD mOnStEr!!!!! *scrambles onto the shore*

Peril: Where?

Squid: DON'TYOUSEETHATDARKTHING!?!

Peril: *Squints into the pond* That's just an old blanket. Also, what are you doing here???

Squid: *shakes his head* Well, I was on my way to my room when Ostrich comes out of her room and starts swinging her guitar. She hit my head and I was suddenly flying out here. I think I might have some mild amnesia....

Peril: Well, you seem to remember me just fine, as well as your habit of being incredibly annoying.

Squid: Oh! Of course, I'd never forget you, Christopher!

Peril:...That isn't my--

Squid: Anyways! I think I saw some birds over there. *points behind him* You were looking for some right? Bye! *flies away*

Peril:.............Squid being helpful?.......Squid......helpful.......this shouldn't be possible...right? Lemme check the script... *grabs the script for this chapter from behind her but it instantly burns*

Peril:......well, guess it's possible.

*latergh*

Peril: *bursts into the library* STARFLIGHT!!!

Starflight: GAAAH WHAT!?

Peril: I was trying to look for that magpie, but all the birds I found look the same! I started rolling in some bird food and peanut butter because Clay said birds like that stuff, but now it's all cooked and hardened and these birds won't leave me alone! *waves at a chickadee pecking at her ear*

Starflight: Why do you want a magpie anyway?

Peril: I was dared to kiss one.

Starflight:....You do realize that if you kiss one it will burn to a crisp.

Peril:........NEVER!!! THESE ARE TOO CUTE!!

Starflight: Maybe you should get Tide to turn Clay into a fireproof magpie or--

Peril: NEVER!! HE'S TOO--actually, I'm not gonna say that out loud PERIL OUT!!!