Family Reunion part 1

A/N: two things. One, I realized that the oldest is actually Peril who is 8, but just because of the amount of time that takes place in the books and in the ToD I'm making her 9

Second: Did anyone see the Finding Nemo reference I accidentally put in the last chapter?

*The Jade Winglet (not including Peril), Anemone, and Echo are flying over the sea, trying to keep up with Tide. It's early in the morning and the sunrise would blind them if they looked back.*

Anemone: Tide! Slow down!

Tide: Huh? *Glides towards her*

Anemone: Okay, *huffs* so, let me get this straight: you've had family that lives in the Bay of a Thousand Scales this whole time???

Tide: Yes.

Anemone: As in mom, dad, siblings--

Tide: Yes, yes, and yes.

Anemone: And you've never told us???

Tide: That about sums it up.

Echo: Hey, family can be a touchy subject.

Tide: No, she's right. Really I just never said anything because nobody asked.

Qibli: Why did you come to Jade Mountain? For the Truth or Dare?

Tide: Nah, I just decided to go on my own. They didn't say yes, but they also didn't say no.

*Anemone's gaze softens*

Anemone: Did you...run away?

Tide: What?! No! Why would I be going back if I did?

Turtle: *trying to keep up from the back* And, uh, why are we here too?

Echo: Yeah!

Kinkajou: Awww! Are you missing your girlfriend?

Echo: Please, kill me now.

Tide: *sighs* You know how you can't ignore a dare?

Anemone: Unless on certain occasions *glares at Kinkajou*.

Tide: Yeah, well, they know how to word their requests into dares apparently. Also, it was sent by pelican, which must mean they really want me to visit, and if I don't, they'd just drag me across the seafloor.

Moon: What does it mean if they send mail by seagull?

Tide: Nothing. Just means you're more likely to get pooped on.

*They all continue to fly in silence*

Anemone: *flies closer to Tide* Hey, uh, does this mean...I'm meeting your parents?

Tide: Oh, don't worry, they'll absolutely adore you. Hey, we're here. *Flies downward*

Anemone: Wait! What was that supposed to mean?! *Dives after him*

Moon: *gasps* Whoa!

*They all land on a large island with a giant beachside house in the center, along with an outdoor hot tub and ice team cart (Tide: Yes, an ice cream cart)*

Qibli: You live here?!

Winter: Looks more like a vacation home.

Kinkajou: Why would you not want to live here?

Tide: *shrugs* I needed a change of scenery. Eventually, it can get boring watching majestic sunset over an endless tranquil sea of blue outside s beachfront paradise every day. Kinda seems like one of those things that never get old but...yeah.