Chapter 38

After being away for a week and enjoying themselves, it was time for Oliver and Kara to return home. When they got to their apartment they found that all of their friends were there waiting for them which really surprised them.

"Not that it isn't good to see you all, but why are all of you here?" Kara asked.

"We just wanted to see how the vacation was and we knew that you wouldn't be coming to the bunker tonight, so we thought that we would visit you." Alex said.

"Well, the vacation was great. We got to do a lot of relaxing and we will be ready to get back to work tomorrow night." Oliver said.

"So, what else did you do other than just relax? There had to have been something else that you did while you were gone." Thea said with a smirk on her face because she already knew the answer to the question by the way that Kara was starting to blush.

"Oh, there was definitely something else going on there. Look at Kara's face. It is as red as a tomato." Lena said and then she started to laugh.

"That is none of your business. You know, it is getting late. I think you all should leave so that I can get some sleep so that I will be able to function at work tomorrow." Kara said.

"Way to dodge the conversation, but I will let you get away with it for now, but we will talk more about this later." Alex said and Kara knew that she had no choice so she just nodded.

"Goodbye everyone. We will see you all tomorrow." Oliver said as he showed everyone out so that he and Kara could get some sleep.

. . .

The next day Kara was working on a story that James had assigned her. She didn't know that someone walked up to her desk until they cleared their throat. Kara looked up from her work and smiled.

"Hey Lena, what can I do for you?" Kara asked.

"I was just checking to see if you were available for lunch. We haven't caught up in a while and I thought that this would be a good time to do that." Lena said.

"I can have lunch. Just let me finish with this section of the article, then I am all yours." Kara said and Lena smiled at her as she waited.

After about five minutes Kara was done with the section of the article that she had been working on and she and Lena left to go and get their lunch. They didn't go far. There was a cafe right around the corner that they went to all of the time.

"So, was there some reason for this lunch or is it just friends eating together?" Kara asked.

"I guess you could say both. It has been a while since we have done this and I thought it was past time that we got back into doing this." Lena said.

"And the other reason?" Kara asked although she already suspected what her friend wanted.

"I just want to hear how your trip really went." Lena said.

"You just want to know how the sex was." Kara said with a look on her face that told Lena that she knew what she was up to.

"Yes. I mean look at the man. He is handsome and well built and if what his sister says is true he should know how to have great sex considering his past." Lena said.

"I will not give you details, but yes it was good. Probably the best I have ever had." Kara said.

"Wow. Now you are making me jealous. I wish I could find an Oliver Queen for myself." Lena said.

"Well, you can't have him hahaha. You could try to clone him though." Kara said.

"You know. That is not a bad idea." Lena said and then she laughed.

"You know I am just kidding right. I would never do that to you and I think two Oliver's would be a lot of trouble." Lena said.

"You have no idea. I already have enough trouble with just one of him. Then you have his sister who is just like him, so that would make three of them. I don't think the team would be able to survive with all of that." Kara said and both of the girls laughed because they knew that it was just a job. If it hadn't been for Oliver and Thea being here with all of their experience. Things over the past couple of years probably wouldn't have gone as smoothly as they had with their superhero work as they had.

"You know, there is this new guy at work. He is cute. I could try and set the two of you up." Kara said.

"No, I am fine. I was just messing with you with all of that other stuff. I am taking a break from the dating world. I don't need the distraction right now." Lena said.

"So, what is going on at L Corp right now? Anything new?" Kara asked.

"Not really. I am working on something that would let you keep your powers in case you ever end up anywhere there is a red sun. It is coming along well. We will just need to test it some time or another." Lena said.

"That would be really helpful, especially when I am somewhere like that Slaver's moon that Mon-El and I got stuck on." Kara said and Lena nodded agreeing with her since she had heard about that experience.

"What was the article you were working on earlier?" Lena asked.

"Nothing really. Just a fluff piece that needed to be done and James that it would be an easy one to do while I worked myself back up to my normal type of article." Kara said.

"That sounds good. Well it looks like your lunch break is about to end. Let's head back to Catco, so that you don't get in trouble with your boss." Lena said.

"I don't think she would mind. She seems to not care what I do as long as I keep getting my work done." Kara said as both of the girls laughed as they got up and headed back to Catco.