Chapter 14

The next day Winn, Lena, and Zor-El were working together to figure out a way to use the Black Kryptonite on Sam, Julia, and Grace to make sure that their human sides didn't get hurt by the world killers in the process.

"I was thinking that maybe we could turn it into a gas form and then let the gas into the containment center and that way we will not have to get close to any of the world killers." Winn said.

"That might would work but it still leaves the human sides of the world killers in the containment center which could cause them to get hurt." Lena said.

"Good point. So, do you have any ideas?" Winn asked Lena and Zor-El.

"I think that your thoughts are right and that this might be the best way to do this Winn. I think we will have to test it on one of them first though." Zor-El said.

"Ok, so I will take a small amount of the Black Kryptonite and turn it into as gas in some way and then we will get the team together and tell them what I ideas are so far." Lena said and the two men nodded in agreement as they all got to work so that they could hopefully get this done sooner rather than later.

Lena found out while she was working that it would be easier to just turn the rock into dust and then release those particles into the cell with the world killers. So, she got to work on crushing a little piece of the rock so that they still had enough left if this plan didn't work out the way the men thought it would. Once she was done getting the dust particles together, Winn called the team in so they could discuss what they were going to do now.

"So, we came up with an idea that maybe we could turn the rock into a gas and release it into the containment center, but then I figured out it would be easier to just turn it into dust by crushing some of it. We have done this, so now we need to decide who we want to try this on first." Lena said.

"Why do I have a feeling that you are not telling us everything?" Kara asked.

"Because you would be right. There is one problem that we have, and that is that once the two separate, we don't know if the two will be in the containment center together or not, meaning that the world killer could kill the human part before we get the chance to get in and help." Winn said.

"Is there no other way around this?" Thea asked.

"Well, this was the best idea we have come up with so far. I am sure there are other ways, but we are running out of time." Lena said.

"So, what are we waiting for then?" Oliver asked.

"We need to pick who we are going to use this on first. We could be sentencing this person to death though." Lena said.

"That is true. So, let's talk this out. What does everyone think?" Oliver asked.

"I think that Grace is a doctor, so she is important, and Sam works here at L Corp in a position that also helps a lot of people by getting there products out there." Kara said.

"Yeah, but Julia is the only one who hasn't tried to kill us yet. So, that must mean that she has pretty good control over the world killer inside of her." Sara said.

"Good point. I also have a problem with Grace because she didn't seem to care about hurting the people. I don't know if it was the world killer talking or if it was her, but she seemed power hungry." Alex said.

"At least Sam doesn't know what she is doing and when she is back to herself, she is horrified at what she has done." Thea said.

"Ok, so we know that we are not going to choose Sam first, so she is out of the conversation." Oliver said.

"From what you have said about the other two, I would say that there is only really one choice in who to choose. You have to use the dust on Grace because she is the one you have the most questions about." Alura said.

"I agree. Julia is a nice person, and she hasn't even attacked any of you yet, so she deserves the benefit of the doubt." Zor-El said.

"Does everyone else agree that we should use Grace as our test subject for this then?" Kara asked and everyone said that they agreed.

The team went to where Grace was being held and waited for Lena to get everything ready and then finally the dust was released into the containment center. At first it didn't look like anything was happening, but then some kind of ghost figure left Grace's body and floated away.

"Oh my God. It worked. The only bad part is that we don't know where the world killer went." Kara said.

"She will make her presence known sooner or later. We just have to be ready." Oliver said.

"Ok, let's go make some more of this dust so we can use it on the other two so that they can be truly free just like Grace is now." Lena said as Winn and Jor-El followed her to get to work.

After an hour the scientists had everything that they needed to free the other two girls. They split up into two teams. One staying at L Corp because that is where Sam was, and the other team went to where Julia was being kept. The dust was released into both containment centers and the same thing happened with Sam and Julia as it did with Grace. Meaning now there were three world killers out there somewhere and the team wouldn't know where they were until they attacked.

"I will have the computers in the bunker keeping an eye on everything that is going on in the city so that we will know when the world killers attack." Winn said.

"Ok, well I say we should go out on patrol and if something does happen, we will be out there ready to fight when it does." Oliver said.

"I agree. It will help me get rid of some of these nerves that I have right now just as I take a flight across the city to free my mind." Kara said.

"Ok everyone, let's go and make sure that we stop everything and everyone who tries to cause our city trouble tonight." Oliver said and everyone nodded as they all got ready to go out on patrol.