Chapter 76: Riddles and Complications

Kessal's POV:

Kessal's POV:

The minute Lunae disappears the others start to panic as if the sudden impending doom of the universe exploding in a fracture in time is new news. New news and not what we've been dealing with ever since Kalli and Dana's parents explained to us what the moonstone power meant. What we had to do. Have to do.

But I can't see that, I can't see past Kalli and where she still isn't moving. Though luckily she's stopped shaking and the blood coming out of her mouth has slowed but not stopped. I can tell it hasn't stopped but we have to keep moving, meaning we have to set off at nightfall as Kalli and the others planned. Lunae's magic may have saved them but if we're to stop the impending apocalypse she mentioned before then we need to keep moving.

"We still need to leave at nightfall when the sun sets," I whisper to Livy and Braeden, both nodding when they realise what I'd said. "I know it's not ideal since you and I will have to carry the girls but we need to keep moving. Now more than ever." I can tell the others had caught what we'd been saying before when Keri stops what she'd been doing and looks at me with an incredulous look in her eyes.

"You can't be serious about this you two," She sounds outraged but also confused like she can't figure out what's going through our heads to make us think like that. "You to Livy?" Turning to our friend I see that she's still as convinced as the rest of us. "The two of them are still sick, why not wait and see what will happen rather than move them? Surely we have time for that?" Now she sounds desperate and I wish she was right but if what Lunae said is true then we have even less time than we thought before this unknown moonstone power ate us alive. Those of us containing it at least. "Please tell me we have more time."

"You and I both know we don't Ker," Livy said, her tone soft but full of regret nonetheless. "If what Lunae said about the four is true then we have even less time than before. And ever since Amber's attack on our parents, we were already on borrowed time. And now this? We're at an even greater disadvantage. But if we figure out who the modern-day reincarnations of Nyx and Aswang are then maybe just maybe we can stop this from happening since we already know who Sila is."

"Amber," I commented, seeing how Kalli's eyes moved behind her closed eyelids, the shaking and blood finally almost stopped. "But if Nyx is someone she supposedly hung around with all the time then who would we choose since - as far as I can see - she's alone? By her choice mind you, but alone nonetheless. So how can we do that without it ending up that we wrongly accuse someone of being a centuries-old reincarnation of a demon sister to the one trying to end the world." Running a hand through my hair I sigh in frustration before Livy speaks up, her words slow and muttered under her breath. "Wait what was that Livy? Did you know something that we don't?" I don't mean to sound accusatory but something about what she's muttering makes me wonder just what she said that had Alex prick his ears up in fascination. "Livy?"

"I said my mom might know. She or anyone else of her coven left alive. Or the wolves that Kalli and Dana's parents were part of a pack with. If any are still alive since half our parents, at least, are already dead. The others in hiding assuming Amber hasn't found them already and killed them." something I'm sure we'd know since she'd come gloating about it if she had. Livy's mental tone is bitter but I don't blame her since I know full well what she means about Amber's gloating having seen it firsthand multiple times. "She might know but it's risky to contact her since she's hiding with those left so Amber doesn't find them and sacrifice them for the reason we now know. To resurrect her dead sister Aswang."