Chapter 27: The Triskelion

Kalliope's POV:

Kalliope's POV:

"Are you sure this is a good idea babe?" Kessal's voice in my ear has me snapping out of my head where we'd been getting ready to go to the academy since I'd managed to be able to let him stay over without my parents knowing since the two of them, aunt Selene, aunt Leila, uncle Ash, Mara, Chalice and Becky had all vanished at some point last night when the four of us had been talking about our plan to visit Disturbia tonight to see if we could glean any more details about what we were all involved in.

"I can't see another way, Kess, not unless we just wait another six months. Time I don't think we'll have with our parents in its entirety," I admit with a low trace of fear in my tone that I know he sees when he frowns and just stands there. "Come on we need to get you and Braeden registered for the right classes and we need to get out of here before mine and Dana's parents get back and the whole plan is for nothing."

Kessal sighs but finishes getting ready in silence before we're about to leave, Braeden and Dana are already out the door and waiting for us with breakfast past the property line since they'd woken earlier. "Do you not see any other way to do this?" Protectiveness sharpens his tone and I know he and Alex are worried for Lana and me but I just smile and offer him a quick kiss to show him what I mean. "I hate doing this but I also can't argue with your feelings, not when I can also feel what you mean and know that you're right just not in what way. Oh, that and I told you not to ignore them. I just hate what we have to do."

Me too. That's what I mean to say but I don't need to since he's already inside my head so knows what I'm thinking even before I say it. Instead, we just gathered up what we needed since we'd alerted the others as to our plan last night and they'd all agreed. Meaning it would go ahead as planned. We'd go to the academy, do the day and then use the dimensional rift portals to take us about a block away from the club where we'd start our plan for real.

"I hate this too," I reply, seeing how he fixes me with a confused look that has me sighing and trying to figure out how to explain what was going on inside my mind since I know from Kessal's confused expression that he can't. "I hate being like this Kess. I love my mom and dad - hell all my family - but I also can't drop what we're looking into since I get the feeling that if we do we're just putting ourselves at a greater disadvantage when we're finally forced to take up our spots on this board people keep talking about. But I hate fighting with my parents, it's so fucking hard when I know they're just trying to keep me safe. Even if it kills them."

Kessal frowns but I know I've garnered his full attention when he sighs and pulls me into a hug where we'd both stopped getting ready, my head resting on his shoulder and trying to figure out how to make this right without doing what we have to. Lana howls at me then and I see that my wolf's eyes are full of melancholic sadness that tears at me when I have no way to stop whatever was bothering her. Whatever that was. Alex seems similarly sad where he curls around my fractionally smaller wolf with a protective look in the amber eyes he shares with Kessal.