Chapter 2: No Rest for the Wicked

Amber's POV:

Amber's POV:

"Hello?" The voice of the newest supernatural creature I'd managed to pull off the streets and use for a test subject. "Hello? Is anyone there?" I can hear them repeatedly banging against the bars of their cage amongst the moans they kept giving. "Hello?"

"Urgh, can she yell any louder?" Kali mumbles, banging her head against the wall with a disgusted face that seems to make me smile even more than it should. Laughing to myself I lean against the wall. Focusing on what I can hear beyond the girl's panicked heart. She's a pretty one this new supernatural. And one that I think will be the reason I get the four to crack and finally give up. "Aargh, can you stop smiling like that?" Kali mumbles where she'd rested her head in her arms. "It's not like it's annoying yet Amber." Kali's use of my full name tips me off that I may be pushing her too far and I smile back at her angelically, seeing how she looks up and sees my expression. "What's so funny? No, better yet what diabolical plan have you up your sleeve that's got you smiling like that?" Her eye regards me warily and I know it's because of how unstable I can be when I lose my temper. Best hope she doesn't push me to that.

"Nothing just wondering what to do with our latest conquest," I muse aloud, seeing the girl look around with a confused expression that has me feeling a certain kind of selfish joy at the pain I can cause the four that ruined my life. More than once. "After all she is a special friend to most of the ones on the other side of this ridiculous game that we're still playing. One we should have won by now mind you." I snort in amusement and roll my eyes when I see the witch in question try to fight her way out of the enchanted steel cage. Though to what end I don't want to know since it would probably just provoke my ire. Something dangerous to do. "Maybe she'll be the reason they crack and come out of hiding after six months, who knows."

This time it's Kali's turn to snort at me. "You and I both know it's our side that's been doing the hiding Amb since most of the weaker ones are still recovering from the accursed magic the four possess that can tip the scales into their favour if wielded right. Luckily for us though the combination of the chant being spoken with fewer people there than is optimum and that they'd been hurt - plus the two girls being pregnant - meant that we're here and not rotting in the ground." She groans and runs a hand through her thick hair, her eyes fixed on somewhere I can't see. "That and you know they're all at the palace in Aerilion since Hunter and Rosalia are the reigning monarchs there. Along with the knowledge that Asher is Hunter's brother and Leila is married to him so that offers her protection whilst she and Rosalia are unable to play since they're helping us hurry the game along past this stalemate. With them, both still pregnant though I don't think they have long to go."

I sat down and looked off into space when she mentioned my accursed slut of a half-sister's happiness before something else took root in my mind. A dark and devious plan that would make me feel a hundred times better if we could enact it since it would hurt more than just the four who had physically attacked us. It would wound the whole lot of them and possibly cause their side to fall apart. Thus meaning we won both the game and the war without so much as lifting a finger. Let them do the work for us.