Chapter 15: Your Move

Huntalia - Rosalia's POV:

"KALLI! BE CAREFUL!" I shout as the dark blur that had become of my daughter streaks past followed by an equally dark blur that chases after her, followed by a ragged looking Leila who smiles tiredly at me. "Remind me never to have kids again until she's grown up and on her own." I moan, hearing glass items shatter one by one, wincing each time. "Or maybe never."

Leila winces when something else shatters - presumably by Dana instead of Kalli. "Dito. you and me both. I think Ash and I underestimated how much of a handful she'd be." Sounds of things breaking come again from another room and I shudder once, hoping it was nothing valuable until Selene comes out with a bemused frown on her face. Something that never bodes well. "Oh shit, what did we do now?" I hear Leila mumble before I have to choke back a laugh, something that doesn't seem to escape Selene's notice given how she looks at me seconds later and I offer what I hope is an appeasing smile.

"You ok you two?" Sel asks with a frown. Again the sounds of shattering objects come from around a corridor and both Leila and I shudder. "Again?" Now Selene's managed to figure out why the two of us have been run ragged; she just sighs, "Remind me to never have kids. Like ever." She shudders once before stepping closer to me and Leila was out of the warpath for the two dark blurs that streaked past us again. "Do they ever tire?"

"Nope, not that I know of at least," I reply, hearing Leila's noncommittal response as she attempts a halfhearted reach for Dana who squirms her way out of her mother's arms and continues to follow her cousin through the palace. "I am never doing the whole kids thing again. At least until Kalli's grown up and found her mate. I can't deal with another one of her running around. I think I'd go mad."

"You and me both Rose," Leila moans when the sound of toppled books joins the silence where the shattering had stopped. Thank lucifer for that, though I don't know how I'm going to explain it to the other two about whatever the two girls broke since Hunter and Ash had disappeared again. Leaving me and Leila in charge of Dana and Kalli, a task akin to impossible. "I say we make them do this next time. Disappear for a girls' day to see the pack or Eris." Leila's tone is full of hope and a wishfulness that I know must be in my expression given how hard it is to look after a hybrid and hybris who seem to have boundless energy. "They keep leaving us with them. It's not fair."

I sigh but don't verbally respond to her, seeing how she takes my silence for a yes. I can still feel Kalli running around but she seems to be playing tag with Dana since the two keep stopping and starting with their running and breaking routine. Something I hope is just an accident. Round and round people's quarters the scents of wild vetiver root and incense mixed with an underpinning of sweetness signifies where Kalli is followed by the scent left behind after it rains mixed with a version of pine and peppermint for Dana. Showing us where our kids are when we can't run after them any longer.

"When did Hunter and Ash say they'd be back?" I hear Leila ask where she's appealing to Selene since she'd heard from the two of them more recently than I or Leila had. "THey've been gone for hours and I'm tired, Dana's run me ragged all day. Kalli for Rosa too. It's their turn."