Chapter 18: Zanna Rosa

Kalliope's POV:

Kalliope's POV:

"Hello? Kalli? Dana?" Someone's voice over my shoulder has me feeling nervous but I can't figure out why. What was it about their voice that made me feel so nervous? "Vina, she's still not moving? Should we ask for help or?" My best friend's voice disappears before I feel Vina and Livy's magic around me and some of my tension eases. Added to that I can feel two unfamiliar ones but that doesn't phase me since I know whoever's doing it won't hurt me more. "Vina?"

"Keri stop, they'll be ok it was just a blackout. They're ok." Davina sounds like she'd want to snap at Keri but I know she's not doing it to be mean, my friend just has a big heart and worries easily for the people she cares about. A small circle but an existent one all the same. Beside me Keri sighs and her scent of rain and something exotic surrounds me. "Keri please, they'll be ok but if you keep hovering we can't help her."

"She's right Ker, you need to stop hovering. It's distracting." I can hear Livy now as well but with another male laugh behind it. Maybe Russel since he seems to stick near her a lot when she doesn't actively avoid his presence out of fear. "Ker, just take a walk and come back, Kalli and Dana will be fine, but to work without having to call for help we need space and calm. Something you're not being or giving right now."

I can hear Keri's answering retort but it's as if I'm suddenly trapped on the wrong side of a pane of glass. Or held underwater since I can tell that something's going wrong but not with me. No, the feelings flooding me where I can't move belong to someone else. A boy with russet brown hair and amber eyes that sparkle like exotic gems and has Lana yapping inside my head like a fucking golden retriever, not a wolf. Woofing happily she gives me a suggestive look but it doesn't help me since I can tell he's nowhere near me. Or here for that matter. So who was he?

Mate, mate, MATE! My stupidly horny wolf seems to keep happily woofing to me like a damned dog with a bone. Frowning at her I shrug to indicate that I hadn't understood what she meant but my stupid, infatuated she-wolf keeps muttering the same word to me but at least she's come down from whatever high she'd been tripping when the image had arrived in my brain. Mate, need to find mate. Where is he? Where's mate? She keeps whining and woofing at me but I can't see any more than she can and she knows it since Lana quietens down a touch but still mutters restlessly to herself. Mate. Need mate. Where is mate? She doesn't direct the questions at me but I know it's because Lana knows I don't have the answer, too bespelled by the image in my head.

The figure looks kind, that much I can tell given how their eyes shine with life. With light and happiness that - assuming Lana's correct - as his mate, I'd want nothing more than to see. But I can still feel that hollowness inside me that speaks to the distance between us that I can feel but not work out how to resolve since I don't even know what pack he's from other than it's not the Luna Moon since I know all the male wolves in my pack and I've never seen that one. I've never seen that wolf since I know I'd have noticed him before if the mate bond is to be believed. If it's real.