Chapter 19: Monsters with Friendly Faces and Angels Full of Scars...

Edana's POV:

Edana's POV:

After the vision of Kalli's aunt vanished we'd both been lost. Lost inside what had happened that no one seemed to be able to understand, much less explain to us given how rare it was for something like this to happen. Whatever it had been.

"Hey, you ok?" Ace seems to be the most perceptive out of his siblings since he'd noticed my continual absence from the conversation and tries to cheer me up with a supportive hand on my arm. "Not still worried about not having a mate are you? Cause you're not the only one to be missing theirs. You and Kalli both." He sounds a little sad when he says that and I get the sense that my strong friend wasn't as happy as he let on. Something that made me feel bad since I'd been so fixated on not finding mine that I hadn't asked him. Selfish bitch.

"Hey sorry, just a little lost." I try to offer up a smile but it lacks my usual sarcasm or humour. The signs I know he picks up on when his dark eyes seem to shine with a wealth of heavily guarded emotions that even as one of his betas-in-training I can't read. "Sorry I've been such a crappy friend. I'll try harder. But yea, I'm still upset about that since it's almost a year Ace. How haven't I found him yet?"

Ace shrugs but looks over to where Hale and Lex are watching me and Kalli with unsure expressions. "Maybe because he's out there looking for you too?" He phrases it as a question but I know he's just trying to make me feel better since none of us knows what's going on any more than the others. "And remember that you're not alone in looking. Other people are too." His tone is as kind as his expression and that manages to make me feel hopeful.

Thanks, Ace, I think to him, seeing how his expression lights up when I do so and I smile wider before the image of what happened when I passed out - well blacked out if you ask some people - comes to mind and I know he's seen it when he frowns. Yea that's what I saw when I passed out from whatever happened to me and Kalli before but I don't know who he is. Or what the marks mean. Groaning in frustration I see Ace's expression change when he tries to figure out what I was saying before he comes back to me with a less than helpful thought.

Maybe ask your mom and dad? I mean the Bonds between the two of them are special, maybe they can help you and Kalli figure it all out? He doesn't sound convinced and that has a sour feeling curdling inside me. Something that Midnight does little to help with since she's just sat in my mind looking at me with a dark blue and gold-flecked gaze that cuts through me. I'd try that and if not maybe Livy's mom? Since she was - and still is - really close to both your parents? Sorry, I know that probably doesn't help but beyond asking any one of our parents I don't know how to help you, Dana. I'm sorry. Smiling slightly I can see when his dark brown wolf, Kai comes over to comfort Midnight where my darker wolf leans her head on his shoulder, her eyes never leaving mine.

It's ok, I understand and I hope you find our new Luna soon. I hate seeing you so miserable. And it's true. Since turning sixteen all of us had done nothing but look for our mates but none of us had been successful. Hey did you know we have a new wolf joining us? Belladonna, I think her name was. Something about her parents being Loner wolves but her wanting a pack when they died. Wonder why she chose ours?