Chapter 4: Unpleasant Reminders and an Unwelcome Guest

Amber's POV:"Hello?" The witch I'd been torturing the past few days rattles her cage bars again and I can feel Kali's frustration at the repetition of the sounds

Amber's POV:
"Hello?" The witch I'd been torturing the past few days rattles her cage bars again and I can feel Kali's frustration at the repetition of the sounds. A clanging, echoing sound that seemed to ripple and replicate in the space was made stronger by the lack of sounds present in our small area. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

"No one who cares to hear your screaming bitch," Kali replies, her voice muffled where she'd once again buried her head in her arms to avoid hearing the sounds as much as possible. Again the witch started her routine of shouting and banging but Kali seems to have lost her temper when I see her glaring up from where she'd moved her head a fraction upwards. "Seriously Amb, either you go shut her up or I will. And I think she may be missing a limb if that happens." Kali sounds disgruntled but I know it's because of the lack of movement from the opposite side of the board. The other players in this game who appear to be acting as if they're free. Like nothing happened.

That brings up the unpleasant reminder of what my skank of a half-sister managed to do and I feel my eyes darken with revulsion at the mere thought of her name. Stupid slut. Shouldn't have stuck her nose where it didn't belong. Not that I think she knew that at the time - but that doesn't mean I'll not punish her for that. But Kali keeps looking at me as if she expects me to solve our witch problem and that just causes my scowl to deepen until she looks at me with a faintly miffed expression for some reason I can't fathom.

"Careful Kali," I mumbled to her, turning back to the screen that showed me the cages I'd built. "I'd watch what you say to me right now. I'm not in a great mood as I'm sure you can tell." I don't look at her, choosing instead to focus on the images of the caged supernaturals and admiring my handiwork in incapacitating them all. On the way the cages were constructed and how they worked.

Iron contains faerys since it numbed their power and kept them from accessing the earth the way they needed to survive. Silver the wolves - sometimes even twisting a piece of wolfsbane around the bars on days I feel especially cruel - since it drains their power. Something I learned from keeping three wolves captive here six months ago. And effectively as well. Electricity the angels since it keeps them weak when it runs through their blood.

Vampires I caged using reinforced steel woven with magic to keep them down to keep them weak alongside not feeding them blood as often as I should (Just around half a vial now and again to stop them desiccating and becoming useless to me.) Witches I keep captive by using magic reinforced by placing a sliver of what makes up my beloved Shadows. Making it both electric and toxic to the touch. Mermaids I keep half-submerged in water - just so they don't die (the same way I keep faery's close enough to an element of nature they won't die out) but I change the water level when I decide to torture them - making it shallower then. Copper cages for the demons since it has the same weakening effect as the other materials I'd chosen for other species. Even a few humans I could snag off the streets who wouldn't be missed in plain metal cages. And a few that would. Keeping them trapped where they would both be able to be used as temptation and for a myriad of other reasons. When and where they suited me of course.