Chapter 62: Revenge and or Retribution?

Kalliope's POV:

Kalliope's POV:

The second Lana manages to tear her way out of me I feel strangely calmer as if I'm more in control of what I'm doing now that I've let her take control enough that it doesn't hurt to keep the rage in. because it did. It hurt to try and pretend that Amber's cruel taunts didn't get to me, and I refused to show her sadness so rage was the only other safe option. No matter what happened as a result.

"Kalli?" Vina reaches a hand slowly in my direction, but Lana's still too angry from Amber's taunts before that she shifts into an angry attacking stance the second Vina's hand gets too close and snaps her teeth in a threatening manner. "KALLI!?" Vina tries again to reach me but it's as if the desire for revenge is burning so hot inside me and Lana that we can no longer hear her. "What's wrong with her?"

Recognising perhaps that she wasn't going to get a straight and logical answer out of me any time soon Vina turns to the others but I can see through Lana's eyes that they all look confused. Confused and backed into a corner as if afraid of what I'd do. But that's impossible. I'm one wolf, and one that's mostly in control mind you. So why do they all look confused as if I could tear them limb from limb?

Turning my head to the side I notice something that shocked me a little behind Lana's anger. I'm not the only wolf, something that could explain the reactions of the others. Around me I can see Kessal, Braeden, Dana, Autumn, Ace, Willow, Lex, Chloe, Hale, Bella and Daven had all shifted at the same time I had, all of us sticking together as we tried to work off our anger by remaining shifted in the hopes that it would ease the longer we stayed like that. But it wasn't working, at least for me since I just felt even madder the longer I tried to rationalise how to figure out our dilemma. One we shouldn't even be involved in.

Whining in my head for the comfort of our mate I let Lana pad over to where Kessal had shifted into Alex's form, noting how both our wolves calmed down the longer we remained together like that. Watching the others from where I rested my head under his I see they all follow our lead and soon the tension in the room decreases enough that I see Vina lose some of her worried look from before. But not enough to convince me that we're not a danger since I know that Lana's anger is still running hot enough that I would be a danger to myself let alone others if I was to let go of my place near Kessal for now, him grounding my anger enough that I don't do something irrational and stupidly reckless like go after Amber myself.

Promise me you wouldn't do that. As if he's heard what I was thinking Kessal's voice slides into my head easily and I can hear the panic behind it, the raw terror that's underneath the perceived calm that I'd been able to see from a mile away. The way he was so worried he'd asked me before I could contemplate it any further. Please promise me that you wouldn't do that Kalli, you wouldn't be able to take her on your own and we need you too much to lose you. I need you too much. Now I can read tears there as well and it hurts me to hear it since he's usually the one that reassures me when things get tough like this since it's so easy to give up and admit defeat, at least to your mind. Yet here he was having the same doubts.