Chapter 63: Regents of Death

Davina's POV:

Davina's POV:

"We need to get her to release Kalli now before she goes too far. You think we can use our magic to do that?" Dana shouts her eyes on Kalli where the other girl struggles not to lose all control and cause the death or maiming of one of our friends. Well, another besides Livy who was still unconscious next to me where I was half turned towards her and half towards the three facing Kalli with determination.

"Only one way to find out," Kessal replies with a grim voice, looking between the three of them who were willing to step up and try to keep Kalli from going too far and risking all that we were trying to save. "You ready?" I nod and see Braeden do the same, flipping the switch and letting it overwhelm us, hoping that it manages to save Kalli before it's too late and we lose her to Amber's mind games. For good.

Refusing to move I see when the others let it out. Seeing how, as with Kalli before, the blue overshadows their eyes and outlines the three of them where they'd been standing side by side, hands linked. Standing against Amber's attempt to control Kalli until she destroyed us.

"LET HER GO! SHE BELONGS TO ME NOW!" The voice comes out of Kalli's lips but it isn't hers. I know that for sure since I'd only heard that voice a handful of times before but still enraged me every time I heard it. Amber's. "YOUR PARENTS MAKE HAVE SHIELDED HER FROM ME BEFORE BUT SHE'S MINE NOW. JUST AS HER WORTHLESS WHORE OF A MOTHER SHOULD HAVE BEEN WHEN THIS GAME WAS SUPPOSED TO END. BEFORE YOU WERE BORN! LET. HER. GO!" Amber's voice sounds mad but something about her words sticks with me, and in the worse way possible. Something she said about Rosalia before.

She's mine, just as her worthless whore of a mother should have been when this game was supposed to end. Before you were born. What did that mean? Were we not supposed to be playing this, should it have ended before so we would have been safe, me, Kalli and the others? Assuming I was right in making that assumption from Amber's words that are. Think later, we have to help her now. My mind reminds me and I nod, sharing a look with the other witches around me who could help if Kessal, Braeden and Dana's magic wasn't enough.

Turning to face the woman controlling one of my best friends I take a risk and stand up, moving out from behind where the other three had been standing to shield the rest of us from Amber's manipulative hold on Kalli, determined to save her before it went too far. Taking a deep breath I step forward, Dana catching me with her hand seconds later.

"Let me go, Dana, I'll be ok. She can't hurt me, not like she wants to since she's only a hologram and Kalli still has some control over her actions." My tone is calm but I know from looking into Dana's now moonstone blue eyes that she isn't convinced. "Dana please, I know you want to help but I do as well. We all need to."

"But what if you get hurt? I already know Kalli's going to hate herself for injuring Livy, I don't know if she'll be able to cope with hurting you too, not whilst she's still so fragile given what's happened recently."