Chapter 21

- "I was in sitting in front of the house when I saw you. I didn't have it in me to approach you at first, but seeing you sitting here in the sand, all alone... I felt the need to be next to you."

What is with him? I can't judge too well because my emotions are scrambled right now.

I toss my hair over my shoulders and cleared my throat.

- "You're nervous. You tend to do that thing with your hair whenever you're nervous or when you try to come to your senses."

I am out of words. Max is quite a surprise for me!

I could see Maddox approaching and I had a dreadful feeling that the following scenario might not go well.

- "Lucia? Is everything alright?"

He approached us as if he was marking his territory. Maddox assumed the attitude as if we were in already long relationship on the doorsteps of marriage. He put his arm over my shoulder, so he could make Max realize that he is an unnecessary third wheel.

Suddenly I was sober, and I didn't have any desires with anyone for the rest of the night.

- "Who are you?"

He asked Max. My sudden displeasure with the entire situation was clearly evident in my face, because Max's reaction spoke in favor of it.

- "Let's go Lucia."

Max stretched his hand towards me.

- "What are you – her father? Why should she go with you? Get lost!"

Maddox snapped at him.

- "Lucia let's go. Now!"

Max pressed on, not paying attention at Maddox. Without any warning, Maddox snapped at Max and punched him.

Max didn't have the time to process what was going on when Maddox hit him again.

"NO!" I shouted "Stop it!"

But he didn't listen. He didn't even give time for Max to fight back. I jumped in between them, shielding Max who was trying to get up.

- "Out of my way!" Maddox shouted. "Lucia, move!"

- "Lucia. Get over here."

I heard a voice behind me. I turned in the direction of where that voice came from. Adrian was standing five feet away from us.

- "Who the hell are you now??" furious Maddox turned his attention to Adrian. "And why the fuck do you think you have the rights on Lucia?!"

I must admit: this is both sexy and tense. Although this will not go well.

The next moment, an idea came to my mind. I took my skirt off and remained in my frilly booty shorts.

- "What the..?"

- "Miss uncategorized, what the hell are you doing??"

Adrian was heard once again.

Maddox scanned my body with his eyes.

Come a little bit closer, you violent jackass! I thought to myself half-drunk. I would say it out loud if he didn't start to approach me.

- "Hey sweet-cheeks, don't be impatient. We'll go to that beach in a minute."

He didn't have the time to make two more steps after when he was met with Mawashi Geri (the roundhouse kick)

He looked as if he would fall back in surprise if my kick didn't knock him over already.

I smiled and turned my attention to Adrian and Max who were still digesting the fact that I was in my knickers in a middle of the beach.

"Ha! I trained karate during my time in high school. This is one of my favorite moves."

- "I could take him down too; you didn't have to take your skirt off. After all, Adrian is here too."

I laughed.

"Hello?? I took my skirt off so I could move better."

I replied, putting my skirt back on.

"And after all, it's not like you guys never saw a girl in her knickers. How scandalous!"