Chapter 7

"Pass me the drink." I signaled to Thea across from me. Music, smoke effects, masks and costumes. The three of us were on a fourth round of cocktails.

"I wanna dance." I shouted. I'm wearing the costume of a cat-woman, with wonder woman in my company while the male part of our group being the superman.

Everybody around us was cosplaying something all the way to the podium. I felt better than ever. At least I don't know anybody here. Oh, how I needed this! To be carried by the music and give in to the feeling it gives that's similar to the foreplay – Exciting and always on the edge to slip into something better.

I'm swaying my body to the rhythm. I feel so desired, sexy, hidden like this. Every breath I let out was hot. The lights and the people around me – it was all slowed down. All so unreal.

"Here kitty – kitty!" - I hear a voice near my ear how it's calling out to me, because of my costume probably.

I didn't turn around that moment, nor the next. Suddenly I felt the heat of someone's body against me and I know it's someone tall because I felt so fragile as I was getting closer with my back turned. I was searching for Thea and Sammy across from me and I recognized the looks of worry on Thea's face and a wide smile on Sammy's face and a silent question I read from his lips: 'Is everything alright?'

I nodded and continued to purr against the firm body of a stranger behind me.

He slowly turned me to face him.

My sweet Lord, I am dancing with Batman! Is somebody messing with me right now?

Oh well! You only live once! I'll think of everything tomorrow.

Swaying against him like a viper, I raised my head and met with his eyes, which color I can't see due to the shots and the dimly lit place. But I saw the way they burned and his wide smile with perfect white teeth. Absolutely satisfying male creature!

I returned the smile.

"Are you always taking up risks like this?"

I asked while being close to his ear. Honestly, even though I was in black boots with a heel high enough to give a vertigo, I still had to go on a tip of my toes. I am after all a mini woman.

His irresistible lips stretched in an adorable smile once again. He turned his head on a side only to look even more attractive.

That little turd.

"So, you do love risking it. Then you are aware that I'm the hunter and you're the prey."

And before I even had the chance to go back down on the ground, his lips were on mine.

Hunger, that was my first impression. Hunger for my lips.

I reciprocated and pulled him closer to me, longingly expecting his tongue in my mouth.

I tipped on my toes as much as I could. I was passionately kissing him, for as long as my strength allowed me to.

And then the kiss was stopped.

WTF?! Someone pulled me by my tail and separated me from Batman.

Someone has a death wish.

I would very much like to pull my hair forwards with both of my hands if it wasn't tucked into the costume. – Ugh! That's just frustrating!

I furiously turned around.

- "Meow!"

Joker. Joker stood smiling with the joker-like smile.